Abandoned

Name: Claudia J. Fae

Gender: Female

Age: 17

Criminal Record: None...

Grade: Senior

I felt as if I was filling out paperwork to travel the world, not for another boring year of high school. I mean seriously 'criminal record'? That's ridicules, I should put mafia just for fun! I skim over the registration one more time to see if perfected than I handed it to the aging grey haired woman, sitting behind the desk. She handed me my schedule. "Here you go sweetheart. I hope you have an excellent first day here at Jackson High School!", I nod and smiled at her politeness. "Thank you.", sweet and simple.

As I walk out the office doors and into the empty halls, I get a feeling as if someone is watching me. Lurking behind the corner and ready at any moment to pounce. As if someone one could take me down. Puh lease after five years of boxing I think I can handle myself. Where I come from defense is a must. See I wasn't always the girl who had a safe place to stay or meal on the table, sometimes I didn't even have more than one pair of clean underwear. Yea I know pathetic, but I had no choice. My mother was a very kind caring mother and did everything in her power to provide for us. She would work all night just to be able to bring home dinner.

My mother was the best mother in the world. But one night as she was coming home from her shift at the diner a drunk man hit her and she died instantly. For six months I went through foster care. New home, new surroundings, and new faces. But I will always remember when that woman in black stepped out of her SUV and delivered me news that would knock me off my feet. She told me that I had a father. Yes I do know about the birds and the bees, but you see I never knew my Dad. Never had a man read me bedtime stories or tuck me in at night. Never was he there to protect me from my first date, comfort me after my first heartbreak. No, I never knew about my Daddy. But did it stop me? Hell no! My Mother stepped up to the plate and took on the roles of both parents. Was it hard growing up being a bastard?, yes, was there times I wished I had a father?, defiantly, did the words the kids throw at me hurt?, of course, but did I let it hold me back?, no. So as the woman told me about Lance Michaels and how he was my father I just stood there. Looked her dead in the eyes and asked her "Where is he?". She told me that he was located in a small town outside Kansas. She also said I would be moving there that day and be meeting the man who I would call Daddy. Oh Hell no. So let me start from the meeting of my father and my arrival to this dump town. Let's take it back to two days ago.

~ Two Days Ago ~

I stepped off the big white plane and followed the social worker, Amy. "Claudia he will be here shortly and I need you to be on your best behavior.". Are you kidding me! She talks to me as if I'm 10. "Why? Not like he will abandon me, oh wait that's right he already did." Amy gave me a look of sympathy. "I wouldn't be to quick to judge, my child. Sometimes we as adults do thing we even do not even understand." I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Why couldn't my Mom make it home like she always did? I miss my Mother more than anything. And now the same man who abandoned me, left my mother and never once called get's custody of me. Wow just excellent. I stood there looking at my shoes counting the seconds.

"Are you Amy?" My breathing froze. This is it, this is the moment of truth. Where I will finally discover the man who conceived me, my own flesh and blood. Am I ready? No! "Yes I am, Mr. Lance I suppose?" I still kept my head down not daring to look up. I suppose the man nodded in response because Amy spoke once again. "Mr. Lance, this is your daughter Claudia." My breathing picked up the pace and my heart is going into overdrive. "Hello Claudia."

I finally looked up and left the protection of hiding behind my long hair. I was shocked to the core at what I saw. It was a man who looked identical to me. Yep there was no way I could deny he was my father. He had the same brown hair as me. The same straight nose and plump lips. The same jaw structure and lets not forget the exact same birthmark on the right of his neck. The only thing different where the eyes. His were blue as for mine were green. He looked as if he could be not a day over 40. His body was in good shape like he worked out every day. I certainty did not inherit his height though. He was at least 6'1 as I am 5'4. I was suddenly knocked out of my astonishment when Amy spoke up.

"Well I will leave you two alone for now. Mr. Lance I will be back in 3 weeks to see if every thing is going well. Goodbye Claudia and remember what I told you." With that being said Amy walked off into the direction we came from. "It's nice to finally meet you Claudia." Finally as if! He could have came down or called me if he wanted to meet me. He made it sound as if he has been looking for me. Yeah right!

For the first time ever I looked him in the eyes. "The pleasure is not mine." With that being said I walked out to the front of the airport into the parking lot. I could tell that Lance was following me by the sound of his feet hitting the pavement. I watched from my peripheral vision of how he walked. He held himself as if demanding power, the way he walked was elegant, yet firm. He stopped in front of a 2010 model Chevy and laid my luggage in the back. I slid into the passenger seat and snapped my seat belt. "Claudia I heard about your Mother, I am very sorry." The way he said sorry was like he was meaning it more ways than one. But one little word wouldn't make me forgive him. He put the truck in gear and we headed to what would be my new 'home'. But it doesn't matter how many houses I live in or the price of it, because like they say 'home is where the heart is'. And right now my heart is still in Nebraska, the second house on the left on Charlie St.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE

FEEDBACK