Life Couldn't Be Any Better

ONE YEAR LATER (After the last chapter.)

Maiyra's POV

Opening my eyes, I rub them to remove the grogginess. I am tired still. Deliciously sore too. I inexplicably blush. All of that is because of our constant physical activities.

I am so happy. I can't even think that my life could be any better than this. I can't thank god enough. Waking up in the arms of someone you love so much just makes your heart flutter, and I am no exception to that. I have always treasured little things in my life, but this is my real treasure. The love of my life. Rehan. He can evoke the emotions in me that no one else ever had and never would, that I have only read about in fairy tales.

You know what? I always believed in the concept of soulmates. When I used to be little and other girls were busy thinking about their prince charmings or the knights in shining armours, I used to wonder about my soulmate. 

Someone who would always brush my hair away when my hands would be decorated with mehndi. Someone who would wrap his arms from behind me and I would immediately relax. Someone whose simple touch would calm every raging emotion within me. Someone who would always be there with me, sometimes having my back, and sometimes standing in front of me to protect me. Someone who would always provide me his shoulder to cry on. Someone who would be everything to me, and I would be everything to him. Someone who would be my best friend, my lover, my anything. He would be whatever I would want him to be.

I found all of that in Rehan.

Today is his birthday and I am more than excited to present his gift, but sadly, that has to wait till night. It was so difficult to select a gift for him. What could you give a man who has everything? I was faced by the same dilemma. But now, I am perfectly content with what I chose.

As I lay on our bed, in our room, I see the same man who hurt me before, who was hurt so much himself, who had his own demons to face, his own battles to fight, who used to have nightmares before, but he also made me feel such a chaste emotion - love. He is the same man who is afraid to express his emotions, or to even put a name to them, but never fails to amaze me with such expressive eyes. He may not ever tell me that he loves me, but his eyes, his eyes tell me everything I need to know about him.

I have always heard that eyes are windows to someone's soul and now I can't agree any more with the fact.

I look at his beautiful face, but he is not beautiful because of his looks. No. He is beautiful because of his heart. The heart he gave to me. I think how lucky I am, to have such a family. Rehan, my love; Drew, my son; Vishal and Max who are no less than brothers for me; Tara, a friend anyone would be glad to have; my parents. I have so much to be grateful for. Seriously, how lucky could anyone get? I probably would never know, but maybe I had done something good in my previous birth or in this life, that now I have such a loving family.

Thinking all of this, I didn't realize that my hands, on their own accord, have started tracing Rehan's face. His expressive eyes; sharp, straight nose; full, pink lips. Shouldn't being this beautiful be a crime? Its illegal!

And then I remember why I woke up before Rehan does, I have to prepare a good birthday breakfast for him.

I try to get up quickly. Key word being 'try'. Rehan's arm is draped around my waist in a casual manner, but it still is heavy enough to weigh me down. We are an entanglement of limbs. His arm over my waist, my hands on his chest, his legs on mine. It is going to be a difficult job to remove myself from here. I sighed.