P R O L O U G E

I often think of the times where I didn't have a care in the world. The times when I thought I was silent yet some how I was heard. The times when I felt invisible but yet I was seen. I never figured out how or why, but I guess somethings have to be mysteries.
I try to live in the moment and forget about the past because the past just wants to hold you back. I met many different people and have seen many different things but my favorite things are the small ones. Sure the large ones are good but even the smallest meaning has the biggest impact.
I'm nothing special, I can state that. Some how I feel most alive when ever I look into his eyes. I never really was apart of earth. I just lived to get by instead of living to live. I was just another life form trying to live. He made me forget how to breathe, sleep, eat. He made me believe in something I never thought I could. He helped me believe in me!
I will always miss him, for he was my first. My first to give me something I could never dream of feeling. Joy and pure happiness. He was in so much pain, I ached for him. I wanted to give him back the joy he gave me. I wanted him to believe. He did but his body was failing.
He told me, when I feel lost to look up at the stars because no matter how far apart we are, we will always be with each other by the stars. He has a poem within himself. A hard riddle to solve. But yet he fit my broken puzzle pieces together and he solved me. He said I was his greatest masterpiece he ever made.
I never left his side, I offered myself but he kept telling me I had so much to do and I had to see the world. He told me he would leave a piece of himself everywhere he wanted me to go. He gave me a map and letters. He said to open them when I felt as if I could leave earth. I wanted to become a space cadet. He said it's not worth as much as living.
So here I am and there he is. The star that lights my way, the stars align and connect constellations of his face. He was my everything, I gave him all I had. He replaced it with something I never had. He showed me something I would never forget. He gave me hope and showed me there is more than what our eyes see. I miss him very much.
I'm afraid I will always place him first and everyone else second. He will always be my first to everything. He told me to take chances because you regret the chances you never take. He was my biggest chance. He was himself and he never lied. He lied to himself to make things better.
He knew this disease would kill but not for one second did he stop fighting. I would give my solider a Purple Heart for his bravery. He always said he never wanted a award the only award he would take was my heart.
He fought a long battle for that. He dug and hid in trenches but never did he once give up on love. He was my reason to stay on earth.