Olicity Oneshot

"And I'm sure kids aren't too far down the line for you two."

Felicity nearly choked on her food. It's not that she's never thought about having kids with Oliver, it's just that she's sort of already pregnant. She's only known for a day.

"Yeah, we haven't talked about it," Oliver awkwardly told them, a sheepish smile plastered on his face.

"Who wants more mimosa?" Felicity laughed nervously, excusing herself from the table.

She stood in their kitchen, her heart pounding. She was scared to tell him, but at the same time she was excited. They were ready, right? Felicity took a few deep breaths before returning outside.

—————

Sitting at the round table, Felicity couldn't help but hide her suspicion. She knew Oliver loved to cook now, but this dinner seemed a tad too fancy. Besides, Oliver's been acting... weird. Does he know? Does he know that she's carrying his child? No, he couldn't possibly know. She hasn't had any morning sickness and she'd like to think her stomach hasn't started becoming noticeable.

"So, what's the occasion?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Do we need an occasion for dinner?" he replied with a grin on his face.

"No, ever since you discovered cooking, our life's been a never-ending episode of MasterChef." Oliver sat up from the table and walked over to the kitchen. "But this isn't a dinner. This is a production. Are we celebrating something?"

"Sort of depends on how dessert goes," he answered from the kitchen, his back facing her.

She immediately refused. "No. No, no. I'm almost disgustingly full."

"You are going to have to try a bite or two of this soufflé."

Luckily, the doorbell rang. Much to Oliver's surprise, Laurel and Thea were there. Felicity was a little annoyed with the interruption, for she was finally starting to consider telling Oliver about the baby during their over-the-top dinner.

—————

"Here I thought that my days of riding in the back of limos were long gone," Oliver said, his tone slightly softer than what it usually was.

Felicity knew what he meant. Their life had been incredibly domestic, but Felicity couldn't stay away from Star City. "Oh. One of the perks being Palmer Technologies' CEO in absentia. Now that I'm back they might actually expect me to do stuff."

"I wouldn't worry. We're not gonna stay long." He glanced out his window, but the sight of the corrupt city wasn't comforting. "It's hard not to look out this window and wonder."

"Wonder what?"

"What did we really accomplish?"

Felicity also looked out at the city. She always loved the way the lights from the various buildings illuminated the sky, but the city was still very obviously in a bad spot. Would she really want their child to grow up here? The city that was demolished by Malcolm Merlyn's earthquake device? The city that was subjected to the will of Slade Wilson and his men? The city that almost had a deadly virus spreading through the streets?