Test day

Up in the sky is a whole other place I hope to soon call home. My whole life all i've known to do is study. To work hard so one day I myself can call the stars my home. At the age of 16 every person on Earth takes a test that decides if they get to go to the other planet called "Clasaphus" also known as planet C. Planet C is 50,000 light years away and holds a new environment that is able to obtain human life. It holds new wonders for the human race, new wonders that just might save us all because we all know Earth is dying. If I fail the test, I will never get to travel to planet C, and I will be stuck here, on Earth forever.

    "Hey sleepy head. Wake up you don't want to miss the bus." I open my eyes to see my mom standing over me, holding a granola bar and some water. " You have to eat something before you go, you better get a move on. The test is today." My mother and the rest of the people on Earth did not make the cut and were forced to stay on Earth. Now they continue to populate the Earth. I will not be like my mother. I took the granola bar from my mom's hand," Thanks. Do you think I will make it?"

    "Of course you will sweetie. I and the whole family believe in you." My Mother is the type of women who always said the right thing not matter what situation. Her light brown hair that had a slight wave and her comforting perfume made me feel safe. She took me in her arms and gave me a sweet peck on the forehead and sent me on my way.

    Everyone has to wear the same outfit for the test. We call it them 16 clothes. The clothes were designed so no one could cheat on the test and the environment was the same no matter what. The shirt is a light blue that flowed at the bottom almost as if it were a dress. It's actually really ugly, but fashion is not the thing they are going for apparently. I slipped the shirt on and the plain grey pants that go with. I walked over to the mirror and looked at the reflection that stood before me. My wavy blonde hair went just past my shoulders and tapered off. I put my hair into a ponytail so it was out of my way the whole day. I wasn't letting my hair get in the way of me passing this test. It can't. It won't. But damn these clothes were ugly. Taking a final look at my reflection and realizing this would mean I would stay a member of Earth or become a member of Planet C, I grabbed the food my mom set down on my table by my bed and I headed out the door. I saw other kids my age leaving their homes and moving toward the bus stop. Im glad Im not the only one wearing these hideous clothes that were actually kind of uncomfortable. "Hey Claire! Wait up!" I heard a voice from behind me that belonged to my best friend Sam.

"Hey, I see i'm not the only one looking like a cake topper."

" Oh shut up. They aren't that bad. Are they?"

" Sam you look like you belong next to a "Just Married" sign"

" Well damn I didn't think they were that bad, but thanks for that boost of confidence" Although Sam did look like a cake topper as did I, she was one of the prettiest girls i know. Her light brown hair flowed down perfectly with some slight twirls. Her hazel eyes showed her bubbly personality along with her occasional freckles that were placed randomly on her face. Sam and I have been friends since we were 5 years old and never separated since.

" Look it's your boyfriend!" Referring to my crush since second grade.

" I swear to god Sam if say anything else right now I will end you."

" Haha fine, but you have to at least talk to him today."

"Maybe I will he is perfect." That was true. Ren Calding was perfect in everyway. From his dark messy hair that was placed perfectly, to his charcoal eyes that made me melt. He had a nice build that wasn't to muscular, but muscular in all the right places. I always had an eye for Ren, but never tried to make a move. If he wanted me, he'd have to get me himself.

   Looking around seeing that everyone was moving to get a place to sit, Sam and I hurried onto the long yellow bus that pulled up at the designated spot.

   "All a board kids. It test day." An older man that looked in his sixties opened the doors revealing the black seats that reeked of leather.  We stepped on the bus, moving to the back for a spot away from the rest of the kids. We sat down in the stiff black seats and the bus jolted and began to move. The testing center was located in the  town square which was less than a five minute drive, but felt like an eternity. Looking around the silent bus, seeing the nervous facing gave me some comfort knowing I wasn't the only one depending on this test. 

  " Everyone out." I felt my nerves begin to boil again and started a slight sweat. I was the last one off the bus and the first one about to pass out. The sleek grey building that stood before me was towering over me which didn't help my nerves. Everyone was in a straight line at the door being welcomed in. A women approached me, she was slender. Her sleek jet black hair stopped before her shoulders and she had an intimidating face that protruded. 

   "Welcome to the Emmerson building. Move forward to be checked in for the test."