my world spins in the wrong direction

---re-wrote it and then my awesome co-writter/editor Reid910 re-wrote it again :) --

I walk into my house as a half way normal 16 year old girl. The white walls surround me, a once-empty canvas now fillled with blood. My mother lays on the floor, swimming in red. I sink into the pool of reddened wood beside her, the world dissapearing around me. Lights and sirens fade out, eyes flooding as my cries fade in.

I don't know what's happening. It's all just a blur. Blurred figures surround me, making garbled noises I can't comprehend. Ailens, that's all they are to me. Can't they see she's dead? My heart is beating, threatening with all of it's might to come out of my chest. It all sounds so distant, like everything is happening miles away from my soul. It's almost as if I were watching a horror movie from a far, focusing in and out of reality.

Reality soon overpowered me. The screaming of my name repeatedly assaulted me, the sirens previously but a hum now let themselves be known.

The blurred figure picked me up, and dropped me into a car. Once a cool seat, it soon became moist and warm from the neverending waterfall of my tears. Drowning myself with sorrow and regret, I let reality fade into oblivion once again.

An hour later, a police officer rests her hand upon my shoulder, stopping me from drowning. How dare she keep me from my mother? I couldn't bare to look her in the eyes, choosing instead to stare at the plaque on the police station's wall.

"Pepper, your guardian will be here to get you in about half an hour. Is there anything you would like us to get from your room?" The police officer's voice is itchy and cold, similar to her hands. I nodded slowly, eager to  leave reality once more. Using clipped words, I asked the woman to retrieve my laptop, giraffe pillow pet, giraffe necklace my mother got me,and my photo albums. The energy it took to speak nearly killed me, and I descended back into oblivion, a smile on my face.   "well sweetie, welcome to your new home" Jenna, my legal guardian and mothers best friend said with a small smile. The smile didn't reach her eyes. Neither did mine. Reality was like a car, and this time I wasn't driving, Jenna was. The red 2012 Honda civic stopped in front of a large beautiful brick house. If only reality had stopped with it.

This is the house? I wanted to ask her, but nothing came out of my mouth. The only sound was the wind, whistling through my ears. It was cold, so cold.

"your room is up the stairs, to the right and there’s a sign on your door that says your name on it"  I nodded slightly, not even bothering to keep up the facade anymore. Grabbing my purse and my duffle bag, I followed the Jenna's blond head into the house. Following her directions, I walked down a door filled hallway. On the 3rd door down on the left side had a big white board with "PEPPER'S ROOM" written in black marker on it. I grimaced, this was definetly not my room. It was simply... like a hotel.  I opened the door and no emotion was able to cross my face.

I walked around examining my "room". There was a Canopy bed with a black and blue bed set. Blue walls with black decals complemented the floor nicely, a dark hard wood with a fluffy blue rug.  Two double doors; the first led to a giant walk in closet and the other led to a beautiful bathroom. Looking something you would see in a magazine, the walk in shower, Jacuzzi tub, and double sinks would have seemed impressive to me yesterday. Heck, the whole room would have. Reality should have disseapered long ago, with my mother, but it hadn't. Reality had just kept on moving.

And the reality of the situation was, that I would have given anything to be back in my apartment with my mother.

Reality was cruel