Rock & Roll

Ducking and dodgin like superman does kryptonite .. the blasphemous words coming from your daddy's mouth cussing your mother like she was god that night she was nothing to him .. wiping the sweat from his brim as he beats her like she was a dog .. right fist to her temple left her vision fogged .. treating the woman he once knew as his true love like a door mat in front of your eyes left your heart cracked which left questions which left mind grains looking at your mother with a broken jaw only left her playing sign games is this how you treat a woman ? Reaching for hate deep down in the pits of your gut and letting it blow like a trumpet ? Your childhood was rock and roll like loose earth but somehow you grew up vowing to yourself to teach your daughter "stop" and "no" but most importantly her self worth .. Fuck any nigga who thinks they can walk on you like dirt .. fuck any being who doesn't see what you're seeing when you look in the mirror .. You're a queen melanin and royalty flows through your veins like the Nile river .. My daughter you're like a loaded weapon with a clip full of knowledge beauty and the rising of the sun .. Don't shoot at the man who runs at the presence of the gun .. take aim from neck up at the man who bows to your feet and lifts your wedding dress up when you walk .. Take aim and shoot .. let him know you're a work of art .. but most importantly let him know you're one of a kind .