Baby, I Promise

Even after their little talk last night, Niall still wakes up the next morning upset. Yeah, he knew Zayn would never leave him and he was reassured enough to not think he was wasting his time in this relationship. But that didn't help the fact that Zayn still wasn't here and he was lonely as hell. He had friends he could spend time with, but they weren't Zayn and Niall really only wanted to be with Zayn right now.

It gets to the point where that's all Niall can do. He wakes up in the morning, lays in bed for a while thinking about Zayn, finally forces himself to get up and start doing something. Since he has school today, he decides to go. He gets ready (sweats and a t-shirt he finds lying around that still smells decent, again) and walks out of the flat.

He goes through the motions of the day, not even trying to come off as happy. Why should he? Zayn isn't there and it's been so long since he'd last seen him. So he simply does, doesn't try.

"Hey, Niall." Harry says, walking up and patting Niall on the back. "You alright?" Harry is Zayns best friend from high school. He and Niall had always been cool, and when they found out they were both going to the same uni, they'd gotten even closer. Harry was one of the main reasons that Niall could actully deal with Zayn being gone so much. Harry was one of those people who could pick up on emotions like a bloodhound could smell, so really, it would be pointless lying to him. Besides, he probably already knew that Niall was going through withdrawl.

"No. I miss Zayn, Harry. It's been months and I haven't seen him, other than Skype! Last night was the first time I've talked to him in like, two weeks." The sound of Nialls phone beeping interrupted his confessions. He looks, hoping that maybe it was Zayn. In some way, it is. It's a notification from SugarScape. "Superstar Zayn Malik caught cheating?"

Nialls heart stops. He opens the article and reads. Apparently, Zayn had been spotted multiple times in the last few days with a pretty Russian model named Ruslana Korshunova. There were pictures of the two of them that looked real and the article seemed to have no faults, making it more believeable. Niall is heartbroken. He throws his phone down on the sidewalk and let himself cry.

Harry is so confused. "Niall. Niall!" He says, surging forward to catch Niall as he begins dropping to the ground. "Niall, what's wrong?" Harry questions, worried about his friend.

Niall manages to sob out a strangled, "H-He... Zayn... He ch-cheated." He cries. Before Harry can even comprehend, Nialls mood shifts. He goes from agonized and crying sad tears, to livid and crying tears of pure rage. "He fucking cheated, Harry! He promised last night that he would never do anything to hurt me and he's fucking cheating with some pretty blonde bitch! She's gorgeous, Harry! He promised and then he cheats with a model!" Niall is fuming mad, it's so bad he's shaking in Harrys arms.

Harry picks up Nialls phone to see what's going on. It's cracked, nearly to the point of no use, but he can just make out the words on the screen. It seems that Zayn has been seen with some girl, a model. She's pretty, but Harry has to laugh.

"Niall, don't tell me you're actually believing this?" Harry says accusingly.

"What the hell else can I do, Harry? He promised last night and now this? And it doesn't help that I found out today that I'm failing most of my classes. I'm failing because I'm so damn busy missing him, but he's out with some whore, probably not even thinking about me!" Niall yells. His blood is boiling and all he can think about is how Zayn lied to him. He storms away in the direction of his home, leaving Harry and his broken phone behind.

Harry is shocked. How the hell could Niall possibly be buying this? Everyone knows that Zayn loves Niall, he talks about him so much! Harry pulls out his own phone and dials Zayns number.

The call connects on the third ring, Zayn's voice on the other end. "Hello?"

"Zayn, what's going on? Niall is really upset, apparently you cheated." Harry says, wasting no time getting to the point.

Zayn heaves a heavy sigh. "Is this about that damn SugarScape article?" He says. Harry makes an affirming noise down the line and he sighs again. "Why the hell would they do that? I would never cheat on Niall, everyone knows that."

Harry feels a load of sympathy for both of his friends. Niall has to put up with so much to be with Zayn and Zayn can't get a break from all the bullshit. But they both deal with it for the other. Harry is pretty sure that's true love.

"Well, I suggest you do something. Niall is upset because of it, he broke his phone and I think he genuinely believes it. And he's failing a lot of his classes. He;s hurting real bad right now, Zayn. You have to do something." Harry advises.

Zayn sighs loudly again. "Okay. Thank you, Harry, for letting me know." Zayn says, hanging up before Harry has a chance to respond. He has to get through to Niall, somehow. He refuses to lose his baby over this bullshit.

XXX

Two hours later and Niall is storming through the house, Zayns house, packing his things. After the conversation they had last night, Niall can't believe that Zayn would do this. He can't stay here. He'd wanted to leave yesterday, but because he didn't want to deal with the sadness of Zayn being gone so much. It's a Friday night and Niall should be out having fun with his mates. Instead he's running through the flat packing his shit with tears in his eyes that simply *will not* dissappear.

The blood rushing in his ears is so loud he doesn't even hear the front door being messed with. He doesn't notice anything until there's someone holding onto his arm. Niall looks up, scared for his life. His body is flooded with relief when he's looking up into familiar hazel eyes. He almost has the urge to hug him, it's been so damn long and this is such a surprise. Then he remembers why he's upset and tries to yank away.

Zayn just holds onto his arm tight enough that he can't pull away, but not tight enough to hurt him.

"Niall, calm down and talk to me." He says calmly.

"Oh, so now you wanna talk to me? Why don't go talk to that model bitch, you've been spending so much time with her anyway." Niall says, not looking at Zayn.

"That's bullshit, Niall! And you know it! Did you even look at those damn pictures? They're pictures of us from the last time we went out together. They just took you out and put her in. Please don't tell me you thin this is true. You know, Niall, I told you last night!" Zayn is upset now. They talked about this last night and here Niall is believing something so stupid.

"What else am I to do, Zayn? You're never here, I don't know what's real and what isn't." Niall mumbles, looking at the floor. His anger is gone, replaced by sadness. But Zayn being here makes it a little better, just not much.

Zayn sighs and pulls Niall into his chest, wrapping his arms around him. They've both missed this terribly. Months on end away from each other has proven to be the worst thing to happen to them in their years knowing each other. They've only been dating just over a year, and quite a bit of that time was spent with Zayn traveling the world while Niall waited for the next time he could talk to him again.

"You can't let things like this get to you, Niall. I love you, and I wouldn't cheat on you, ever. Especially not with a girl. You know I don't even like girls, like, at all. You have to$ trust me." Zayn whispers.

Niall nods and holds onto Zayn tighter. All of the drama from earlier is forgotten, and all he knows is love and relief.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This story is getting updated a lot! I'm glad people seem to like it! Okay, this dedication goes to my bestest friend ever, Jay, for being the first comment! And the song for this chapter is Promise by Jagged Edge!

4 Votes/4 Comments for the next update!