The Friendship That Was Supposed to Mean More

Chapter 1 Sixth Grade

Well here we are the beginning if sixth grade. This year is going yo be different I tell myself. I walk in and see my friend Alex. We aren't that good of friends but we still talk.

The year is going well. Then the first dance comes along. I'm starting to wonder if I like Alex. I think I do. So as I go to ask him to dance him and Andrea go out there. Was I upset? Yes. Was I happy for them? Yes. So how was I going to get Alex to fall for me?

Chapter 2 The Beginning of a Friendship

So there's this girl named Julissa and her and Alex don't get along very well. Well Alex hates her actually. But, anyway. At the end of sixth grade Alex was blamed for something he didn't do. He got blamed for calling Julissa a stupid Mexican. I will always be on his side. He got suspended for a week. This is what brought our friendship together.

Sandy and I were called in to Mrs. Bamberger's office as witnesses. But, we said we didn't hear him say anything. But, he still got suspended.

Chapter 3 Summer of Seventh Grade

Alex and I would constantly talk. I mean all the time. I would tell him everything. I would talk to him more than I would talk to my other friend Sandy sometimes.

Then one day we were talking and I mentioned how I played tennis. Well, so did he. So we met up and played against each other. At this point him and Andrea were official. But, it still seemed like we could have something going.

Chapter 4 Seventh Grade

It's seventh grade and this is gonna be a great year. Alex and I are best friends and we are always talking to each other. The the dance comes and he's with Andrea. We got into a lot of fights this year. Him and Andrea were having a hard time I. their relationship, and he was coming to me for help.

I gave him the best advice I could, even though I didnt want to. He was my best friend, and even though it took me so long to admit it I felt something for him. Something I never felt for a guy before. I felt love. Which was weird for me but I felt like I loved him. And I did.

All the stuff that I told him and that he told me, I felt like we would work, but I was wrong.

Chapter 5 Eighth Grade: The Last Straw

We had made it to eighth grade. By now we have all been with each other for about 8-9 years. Me and Alex were closer then ever. Over the summer we became much closer. But this year I had to do something I've been wanting to for three years now. So I made a big decision. I told Alex how I felt.

He said that it didn't make a difference, that we would still be friends. But, I knew that that wasn't going to be true. I believe that he cares about Andrea, but as we were talking he said that he can't see a future with her. Well, at this age, no one can. But, he also said he was afraid that he was letting her go easily. I told him if he was letting her go easily she'd already be gone.

You see she flirts with every guy. Alex gives her so many things and she doesn't appreciate any of it. She's one of my closest friends but, I don't trust her sometimes.

I feel like Alex should open his eyes and see what's in front of him. Because, no natter what I'll be there for him. But, he doesn't see that.

Next year we are going to high school. Me a d Alex are going to different high schools. It's scary to think that I'm loosing my best friend and I'm scared if that. I think that we could work out, but he loves Andrea, not me.

He says our friendship is stronger now because he knows that I lime him, but we have drifted apart. I will always remember what he said to me. He said that some guy would be lucky to have me someday. The only thing I could think of was that that could be you. You just need to open your eyes and look what's been in front if you for three years now.