KuroFai

Primus

"Yukito-san!" the princess of Clow cried.

The white-haired priest, along with the country's young king, rushed into the room. "Sakura-hime!," "Sakura-chan!," they said, respectively.

The two quickly looked about the spacious room and Sakura, with puzzled expressions when finding nothing amiss but a deeply saddened face, which was credited to the absence of Syaoran. Touya looked rather irritated at this, which, in the back of her mind, Sakura linked to the boys' mussed hair, crumpled robes, and flushed faces – the king's chambers were very close to her own, no distance for anyone, especially that of Touya's physical ability, to be winded by. Clearly, something had been going on.

Touya began to turn and leave the room, taking Yukito with him, but the latter shot him a look with wise grey eyes. Touya slightly sighed, and Yukito approached the young princess. He knelt down in front of her to meet her green eyes, speaking with a soft voice.

"Sakura-hime – no, Sakura-chan. What's wrong? Another dream?"

Sakura nodded, and tears began to flow from her wide eyes.

"It's Kuro-Kurogane-san," hic, "and Fai," hic, "-san. They-they're dead."

The girl cried, wetting the oversized cushion she sat on.

Shock rippled through, first, Yukito's face, then Touya's as well. Neither of them had known the two well, but were infinitely grateful towards them for providing such protection and support for both Sakura and Syaoran; plus, they were incredibly powerful. Syaoran was now left on his own, and Yukito feared for his life was Syaoran to face what had killed both the mage and ninja; Sakura must also know this, and her tears were for all three of the travelers.

Touya appeared at Sakura's side, letting her lean on him. The tears stopped soon after that, not only because of the comfort provided by two of Sakura's greatest protectors, but also due to her experiences while hunting for the feathers, a journey that returned her irrevocably changed.

"Thank you. Yukito-san, could you please send me to Watanuki-san's shop? I may not be able to prevent their deaths, but I may be able to alter them."

With a solemn nod, the priest exited the room for his staff, while the king sat with Sakura, knowing that it was all he could do. Upon Yukito's return, he quietly left the room, with the knowledge that what he had done was enough.

Secondus

The air began to swirl, howl, and coalesce with an otherworldly force, escalating until a rift opened up in the world itself, depositing one of a desert kingdom. The shopkeeper, anticipating such an event, stood waiting in the small, subtly yet outrageously strange yard.

"Sakura-chan."

"Watanuki-san."

Sakura, as the dimensional portal sealed, walked towards Watanuki and followed him into the Japanese-styled building. He ushered her into his "receiving chamber," shooing out the twin assistants, Maru and Moro.

"You're here for Kurogane-san and Fai-san, aren't you."

It was not a question.

Sakura nodded, saying, "Watanuki-san, since I dreamed it just hours ago, they're still alive now. I don't know when it'll happen exactly, and I also know that I can't prevent their deaths. So I need you to grant a wish – please make it so that they can meet each other again, be it in the afterlife, their dreams, or another world."