It Began With An Ending

I ran as fast as I could away from him.  I turned back and saw him, holding a knife.  I ran up the stairs and into my room.  I locked the door.  My girlfriend Mac stood in front of me next to my friends Jenna and Morgan.  Mac had beautiful eyes and the most perfect face.  Jenna had brown hair and blue eyes and Morgan had brown hair and green eyes.
     "Claire, is he here?" Mac said grabbing my hand. 
    "Yes, I thought I'd be able to win the game, but I couldn't," I said, squeezing her hand.
     "Claire, the game was impossible to win and you should've known, now he'll kill you if he can get in here," Morgan said with tears in her eyes.
    "Claire, in the end everything will be okay and if it's not okay then it's not the end," Jenna said. Jenna was more of an optimist and Morgan gets stressed over everything. 
     "I can't lose Claire," Mac looked at me "she's all I got and no one can take her away."  We heard the man punching the door.  I knew it was the end. Mac cried as she hugged me close to her.  I didn't want to die.
    "What would you have gotten if you won?" Morgan said.
    "Eternal life," I said.
     "You need to try and survive," Jenna said.  The door opened slowly.  The man stood there, holding a knife in one hand and a contact I signed in the other.  I looked out the window. The fall would kill me.  I looked in Mac's tear filled eyes.
    "I love you," I whispered to her. I ran and jumped out the window.  I felt my body fall.  I kept my eyes open, watching the ground approach.  I felt my body hit the ground and only saw darkness.  I saw someone approaching me.
    "Hello, you are dead. Now you will have to tell your friends you are dead. You need to tell Jenna, Morgan, and Mac you are dead and then you can move on to wherever you believe you will go.  Come back here after you've done that and I will take you there, but you have to get the people to say 'I believe you' to get it to work and if you don't get this done by the end of the day then you will remain here as a ghost, forever. Isn't that what you wanted?"  The man disappeared.  I got up and looked around.  Mac hugged me.
    "Why the hell would you do that?! I thought you were dead," she said as she kissed my cheek. I couldn't tell her I was really dead now.
    "Claire, can I talk to you alone," Morgan said. I walked to her.
    "How are you still living?" She said.
     "I'm not, I have to make all of you believe that I'm dead to move on," I said. 
    "I believe you," Morgan said.
    "Really? Why?"
     "Because I know you'd never lie about that and also no one could've survived that fall," Morgan said, as she walked away.  I walked back to Mac, she kept hugging me. 
    "I love you so much. I can't live without you," she said.
     "Where's Jenna?" I said.
      "She ran to the school. Some after school thing," Mac said.
     "What a nerd. I have to go talk to her," I said. Mac nodded. I ran to the high school.  I went into the halls and ran into someone.  She looked at me and punched me in the face.  I fell down. She kicked me while I was on the ground.  I screamed for help but no one  did. She stopped for a second, I got up and ran away from her.  She chased me down the hall.  At the end of the hall I saw Jenna.  I ran as fast as I could to her. When I got to Jenna the girl that was chasing me caught up and kicked my legs, making me fall.  Jenna pulled out a gun and shot her.
    "What the fu-"
     "I didn't like her," Jenna said, putting her gun in her book bag.
    "What do you need, kid-o?" She said.
     "I'm like one year younger than you and I'm dead. You have to believe that I'm dead," I said to her.
     "You're standing in front of me, so you're not dead. I don't want you dead by the way," Jenna said.
     "No, please believe me. I can't move on until you believe I'm really dead," I said.
     "Did you hit your head when you jumped out of the window and by the way I didn't know you knew how to survive that. I didn't think I thought you how to," she said.
    "You didn't teach me because I  dead.  Look, you don't have to believe me, just say you believe me," I said getting panicked.
    "Will that make you a happy little one?" Jenna said.
     "Yes, it'll make me the happiest mother fu-"
       "I believe you, Claire. Don't worry maybe I'll teach you agin how to survive a jump like that," she said. Jenna walked away.
     "Wait what about the body?" I said.
      "She'll walk it off."
     "Thank god no one saw us," I said to myself.  Now all I had to do was find Mac.   I ran to her house, she wasn't there.  Her mom was there.
   "Where is Mac?" I said.
     "She's at volleyball. It starts in about thirty minutes," she said.  I ran out the door and to the place were she had volleyball.  It was already five twenty nine in the afternoon. I was running out of time.  I saw Mac putting her volleyball shoes on. 
    "Hey, Mac I need to tell you something."  Mac looked at me and her eyes filled with tears.
    " Why are you telling people you're dead?" She said.
     "Because I am dead."
      "No, you're mine," she said staring at me.
       "I know, you don't want to accept it, but you have to move on," I said.
      "No, please don't leave me," she said. Mac was now crying very hard. People started to stare at us.  I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her.  She slipped her arms in the sleeves. She hugged me tightly and kissed my lips. She cried, with her face close to my ear.
     "Please don't leave me," she said.
      "I have to, baby, I'm sorry. I wish I could stay with you forever," I said hugging her tightly.
     "I love you," she said in between sobs.
     "I love you too," I said. Tears started running down my face. I felt the desire to move on pass like the warmth inside a falling tear, fading away quickly.  I felt her existence in my heart and soul and I knew that was enough to wait for her as long as it took. 
    "I believe you," she whispered in my ear.  I looked into her eyes.
    "Thank you, Mac," I said.
     "Don't forget me because I'll never forget you," she said, zipping up my jacket.  I felt something strange. I looked at my hair, it had turned white.  I felt wings sprout from my back. I walked to the door as people stared at me. I looked back and the last thing I saw was Mac smiling at me as she cried.