The Call of the Void- Chapter 1- It Was a Bad Day

I could kill you.

Aleks' fingers curl into a fist as he looks upon the girl on the couch opposite him. Blond hair hanging off the arm rest as she spreads herself across the cushions with her eyes closed and her lips so tempting. Her hands are folded on her abdomen perfectly; the very picture of angelic just across from him.

I could just walk over and kill her.

Aleks' teeth latch onto the inside of his cheek and his chest tightens. The TV is on in the background playing a rerun of Friends, but he couldn't tell you what was going on. He needs to get his thought under control. He needs to ignore the adrenaline racing through his blood stream and the colour in Madison's face across from him. He promised himself he wouldn't; not again. Not after Tiffany who was his undoing. He wouldn't let himself give in.

I could get the gun out of my coat and shoot you. I could suffocate you with a pillow. I could choke you with my own bare hands. I could kill you.

Aleks lets out a shaky breath. He uncurls one of his hands to brush through his shaggy hair and rests his left ankle on his right knee. Tiffany was the last time, he swears. He wasn't going to go down that road again. He's recovering right now. He can't just throw that all away.

I could kill you, you know.

He's just grabbing his coat to grab his phone. He's just putting it on over his thin t-shirt because he's cold. He's just looking through the pockets for his phone. He's just taking that emergency pistol out of his pocket because he needs to search through that breast pocket more thoroughly. He's just moving back into the living room to tell Madison goodbye. He's just turning the safety off on his pistol so he can protect himself on the walk home. He's just standing over Madison's sleeping form because he's considering the best way to wake her up. He picks up the pillow off the floor because he plans to hit her over the head with it to wake her up so she can yell at him and they can have a good laugh. He puts the barrel of the pistol into the pillow to wipe off some gunk because he knows that Madison would appreciate having to clean that stain off. He aims with perfect precision because she's going to wake up and he wants to scare the crap out of her.

It would be so easy. I could kill you so easily.

He's looking at her with tears in his eyes because he has to leave. He watches her breathe because he thinks she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. He closes his eyes because she's too much for him.

I could.

He whimpers out an apology because it's been too long since they've seen each other and he's cutting their time short. He fingers the trigger because he wants to fight what he is.

I will kill you.

He tightens his bottom lip and stands up a little straighter.

I am killing you.

He shoots into the pillow and it goes straight through to her head because he wants her to stay beautiful in her death. He can't fight the smile on his lips because he can never fight who he is.