5 - Hunter, the new racer

“Here comes our new racers” sponsor shouted. I turned and saw a red Icon Sheene coming towards us. Now I got more nervous seeing that no one else have got such an expensive bike here. We come here to make money, but this guy actually have money. So why is he here? I bet he stolen this bike. And I actually love this bike.

“Today’s race is between Hazel and Hunter” sponsor announced. Hunter hmm….. nice name. His blue eyes were looking good, a bit hypnotize. I was pulled out of my thoughts by loud cheering.

“Hazel!!! Hazel!!! Hazel!!!” the crowd cheered. I waved my hand out in response. Some of them even cheered for Hunter. I was a bit jealous that he just came and got attention from the crowd. But it was just because of his expensive bike. I will show him that he isn’t worth of any attention.

“Ready, steady and…… go!” I started speeding. I have to win this race and I will win this race. He wasn’t bad himself because he was not much away from me. This was the last lap. I was feeling nervous again, but I got encouraged by the cheers from crowd. I was not much away from the finish line and started speeding more and more…

And I came to an end.

“And today’s winner is...Hazel” the crowd cheered again for me. Guys congratulated me. I cannot see the new comers faces but can feel that they are angry as hell. I mean who wouldn’t be angry after loosing by a girl.

“I told you that there’s nothing to be worry about. Didn’t I?” Ryder reminded.

“Yeah” I said boringly. Ryder was glaring at something behind me. I turned around saw Hunter and his gang standing behind me. There were two other guys and two girls in there gang. I still don’t know their names and their gangs.

“Nervous huh…” I can’t see his face but can feel him smirking behind that cloth on his mouth.

“Loser huh…” his eyes turned from warm blue to anger red. If only looks could kill then I would be dead.

“Well, I thought to go easy on you. You being a girl and all.” He taunted.

“What a joke Mr. Hunter. That was the lamest excuse for loosing ever heard.” I backfired.

“We’ll be seeing that next time.”

“Sure, if you are ready to loose again.” I said going away from him. Guys were following behind me. They didn’t even spoke a word in front of them because it was just between me and Hunter. If their other members would have interrupt then guys would too. It was good that ‘The Roller’ didn’t come today. Or them and this guys would gang up on us. I was going to Ryder’s house to hide my bike. When we reached there I drop my bike in his garage and went to Ryder so he could drop me home.

“Ry, what is their group’s name?” I asked. I realized that I didn’t knew their name.

“It’s ‘Black Ride’ ” he answered.

“So, what do you think about them”

“I think that they are like all others. You know they come here to race and think that they can win. But when they can’t, they turn around and go. But his bike was fantastic.” he explained.

“That’s what I thought. But I can’t understand that if he have so much money to by Icon Sheene then why did he come to race?” I said.

“That’s what I can’t understand too. Your stop ,V.”

“Thanks for the ride. Bye Ry” I heard him say ‘bye’ too.

I was sleeping in room and heard a creak of the door.

“V, I saw a bad dream.” Peter, my younger brother said. He doesn’t actually have any bad dream, he just like my sheets and want to sleep with them.

“Bad liar Peter.”

“But your sheets are so soft, V.” he said pouting.

“Okay, we’ll share them” I said. He jumped on bed beside me and curling into me.

“I love you V, you are the best sister in the world” I chuckled.

“I love you too ,Peter.”

***

“Good morning class” Mr. Maris said. Yeah, you got that right. He and his wife both eat our heads. Now, I am sitting in his class.

“Today, I am going pair you all for your assignments.” The class chorused in ‘No’, because we all know that he is worst at pairing.

“Well, last time I gave you all the opportunity to pair but your results didn’t satisfied me. So this time I’ll pair a good student with a bad one.” he started pairing us all.

“Anyone left for pairing” he asked.

“Me” I and Daniel said at the same time.

“Perfect, you two are pairs” he announced.

“Perfect sir. I am sure that Purple will be grateful to help me. Won’t you?” he asked.

“It’s Violet and not Purple” I said raising my voice.

“See sir, she doesn’t mind” he said.

“What?”

“Perfect!” Mr. Maris said. When I realized what had happed he was out.

“But I have problem” I shouted at Sir but he didn’t listen.

“Hey partner,” the devil said with a stupid smirk on his face.

“What do you want Daniel.” I asked.

“Nothing that you can give.” With that he was out of class too.

***

Vote and Comment.