1. Wimping Out

"This is the most fun I have ever had in my life, Cam!" Savannah says as leans in to the right of my ear, so she knows that I could hear her over the roaring crowd. I turn my head towards her and smile. She was so beautiful. My mind was questioning whether I should make the bold move to grap her free hand or not. Maybe she needed both hands to scarf down that cotton candy I bought her. Stop it, Cameron. Stop being a wimp and stop making excuses. Don't let her fall through your fingers. Not again. I hear my little voice say to me and I cringe. Not Again. I think to myself.

"What are ya thinkin' about?" She asks, those blue eyes question me and melt my body, making me feel so warm. A true southern beauty. 

"Nothing, Savannah. Just the great time we had together. Maybe we can do it again sometime-" and I'm cut off by a huge smile and squeal from Savannah. What could it be this time?

"Carter! Louise! Jo-Anne!" She skip/hops/tap-dances over to three girls- almost as beautiful as her, but not quite, "Golly! Haven't seen y'all in a while. How 'bout we catch up over some sweet tea?" She says with her flowing southern accent of hers. 

I feel like it's high time that I start heading home so I begin to walk over to my truck, Savannah not even attempting to come after me. I look back like a lost puppy in hopes of hearing her call my name. 

Splash.

"Holy! Wh-" And I'm suddenly cut off by another girl, but I should be used to it by now.

"I am so sorry! Oh no, here let me, um, help." She says and she rubs here plaid shirt sleeve against my shirt, where she spilled her beverage. I crack a smile since she seems really embarrassed even though she has a slight one already on her face.

"What's your name?" I ask as she finishes the attempt to dry my shirt. Not a great job, but surely sweet. 

"Meredith." She says, blushing and looking over towards the spot where Savannah was. Hopefully she didn't know her. I sure hope she doesn't.