Epilogue

It was the last day of their holiday, at least the part they were spending at the resort. Tomorrow, he and Sophie would board the yacht for their final two weeks. Until recently he had really been looking forward to that.

Tonight Tim was going to make a pass, Liam was sure of it. Since that evening when Tim had kissed him, he had been friendly towards him, nothing more. But now their time together had run out.

He waited breathlessly all through dinner for a sign or an invitation but Tim was his usual sociable self, chatting for a moment at every table, a smile for everyone. Eventually Liam finished his dinner and went down to the wharf for a breath of air, in full view of anyone who might be interested. He waited, watching the sea swirl around the wooden pylons. And waited.

Tonight. It had to be tonight. Unless of course, Tim had changed his mind. Maybe he had had got tired of waiting for Liam to tell him he was ready.

The sensible part of Liam felt relieved by the thought, he knew there could be no future in the relationship, one night of passion could only lead to sadness and regret. It was probably for the best, he told himself, firmly, biting down hard on aching disappointment.

He heard soft footsteps approaching and held his breath. He stared fixedly at the water, not daring to hope until he felt an arm around his waist, a whisper in his ear. "Just thought you might like to know, I've managed to get a berth on the yacht."

His mouth was already seeking Tim's as he turned.

~~~

(Author's Note - this is the end of Spice Islands.  A new story commences on the next page)