7. Regrets

IM SCREAMING THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 400 READS!!

I know it's not a lot compared to a popular book like After but, I'm so appreciative for everyone who is enjoying the series so far.

And trust me this book is only going to get better, I hope...

But enough of my babbling, because I give y'all the 5th part to GRIM :D

.

.

.

Chapter 6: Regrets

Aden's POV

As the car that was scattered with bullet holes came to a rough but complete stop, my head peered back to the light that was growing to see just road behind us. Luckily that was the only thing that seemed to be appeared.

"I think we lost them." My gasps faded as I turned my head forward.

"Why does it fucking matter?" Clyde mumbled.

"We're safe now, we're okay."

"Not all of us are." The memory of Hershel plugged into my brain

"I'm so sorry about Hershel." I mourned him.

"Don't fucking talking about him!" Clyde snapped.

"Ok, sorry."

"It's all your fault." The words slipped through Clyde's mouth.

"Huh?" I looked over to him.

"Get out." He took a moment.

"W-what?" Suddenly his positive mood turned as I questioned.

"I said get the fuck out of my car!" His words cleared up as a slight grasped of anger peeked out.

"Why?" My eyes locked on him.

Clyde ripped off his seat belt as he swung the door open. His feet plunged into the ground after every step he took until the man reached to my door. He pulled the door open while taking off my seat belt. The man grabbed my wrist. My body struggled to stay put as I fell to the ground and out of his car.

"Hershel is dead because of you and your shitty ideas!" His body hung over mine with water welling up in his eyes as I got up.

"You're blaming me for his death?!"

"If you never came along, he would still be here you little fucker!"

"It's not my fault!" I argued.

"You never cared about him! You never cared about anyone except your girl and yourself!" His tone was a mixture of tears and anger.

"I did care! I dragged your ass out here because I was worried about him! Why the hell are you blaming me for him wanting to help?!"

"I regret the day I told him to help me pick you up! Should've just let you to rot and die! Just like your daughter will!" Clyde placed the harsh exaggerated blame on top of me.

I was shocked. Speechless as ever. No words could come out of my mouth as the hurtful sayings came out of his.

"I'm gonna give you a word of advice, become a better driver." Clyde broke the silence between us.

"Ava-!"

"Ava this, Ava that. Screw your little girl too! I hope the both of you go slow! Her first so you can watch her suffer so that would be the last thing you see!" He mocked me as he cut me off.

"Don't you bring her into this! You just need someone to blame for Hershel's death because you have nothing left!"

"Well neither do you! Your girl is going to die. And I'm not gonna be the shoulder for you to cry on!" Clyde snarled.