The Spell of the Black Witch Doll. © By John L. Steadman

This spell can be cast on any three consecutive nights during the Dark of the Moon, at midnight or just after. The purpose of the spell is to banish evil energy, or else, marshal energy against an enemy.

The Place of Working consists of a medium sized circle constructed from white stones. An altar is placed in the exact center of the circle, facing north.

The altar holds the following items: the black witch doll, which the magickal practitioner has prepared herself and consecrated previously; a vial containing Voodoo Oil; a vial containing Patchouli powder; a vial containing Vesta powder; and a vial containing Dove's Blood ink.

The incense is Crossing Incense, which is placed on a bed of black coals in a silver censer. In addition, there must be a large, black-headed straight pin; an old-fashioned ink pen; a piece of black cloth; materials for lighting a fire; a single, 12" black taper, set in a silver holder; and the text of the rite.

* * * *

The magickal practitioner, wearing a simple, black robe, enters the circle and lights the taper. She performs the Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram, purifying the Place of Working.

Upon completing this, she anoints the witch doll with Voodoo Oil. She then writes the name of the individual whom she wishes to neutralize on the back of the doll in Dove's Blood Ink, using the pen.

She lays the doll on the black cloth and sprinkles both sides of the doll with Patchouli powder. Then, she pierces the heart of the doll with the black-headed pin and recites:

This is not a doll; this is not a toy,

But [ Name of Enemy] I disable!

The magickal practitioner repeats this three times. Then, she wraps the doll in the black cloth, concealing it, and she lights the Crossing Incense.

She must then recite the curse. As she does so, she should visualize an image of her enemy being neutralized in some manner.

NOTE: It is important to mention that it is totally unethical for the magickal practitioner to visualize her enemy being killed or physically destroyed. Death rituals are very bad and their effects invariably rebound on the person who casts them; the negativity comes back "three times" stronger, as the Wiccans argue. And, of course, the karmic consequences for the magickal practitioner would be disastrous.

Thus, do not use this spell to cause death. Choose some other, lesser outcome. Whatever method of neutralizing is chosen; however, the visualization must be very clear and graphic; the magickal practitioner should be able to literally "see" her enemy being incapacitated in some manner; she should be able to feel the pain and hear the cries of her enemy.

Burn Powder Burn, Burn Powder Burn!

[Name of Enemy] writhe and turn!

Dark energies of Night,

Curse him [her] with your blight!

By the powers of the Dark Goddess,

Let this deed now be done!

This spell should be repeated exactly as above for each of the three nights. On the first two nights, when the magickal practitioner has concluded the curse, she wraps the doll in the black cloth and leaves it on the altar. She then closes the Place of Working with the License to Depart, reciting "Let There be a Veiling of this Shrine."

On the third night, after she has recited the curse, she will sprinkle the doll with Vesta Powder again. She will meditate quietly for a few moments on her purpose. Then, she delivers the same License to Depart as before, and then, when she is satisfied that the forces evoked are no longer present in the Place of Working, she can leave the circle.

After the object of her curse is neutralized, the magickal practitioner will return later to the Place of Working and burn the doll, the cloth and the pin in a small pit which she has dug between the altar and the perimeter of the circle. Once the doll is consumed by the flames, the magickal practitioner must scatter the ashes to the four winds.

NOTE: The black witch doll should be only a few inches in length, and can be made from any material, though yarn is the optimal choice. The magickal practitioner can, if she wishes, wrap thin, scarlet threads around the head and body of the doll to make it more striking in appearance. There should be some personal item(s) attached or affixed to the doll that provide a magickal link between the doll and the target of the spell, such as a strand of hair, or nail clippings, or, perhaps, a few drops of the victim's blood.

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram can be found in any standard occult book; any version of this rite will be okay.

The oils, the powder & the incense used in this rite can be purchased at any shop that specializes in Voodoo, Wiccan or new age materials and paraphernalia. If your local shop doesn't have these items, they will know how to order them. The magickal practitioner, of course, can order these herself. Use Google Chrome to find the names of stores and shops that carry these items. They are not expensive. And, for the particularly enterprising magickal practitioner, she can make these oils and powders herself; again, Google Chrome will provide the key ingredients needed.

This same spell can be adapted by the magickal practitioner to dispel evil. The practitioner, of course, will need to make modifications to the words used in the curse, and will need to visualize herself becoming free of the evil forces that threaten her, rather than visualizing the neutralization of her enemy.

[My first book, H. P. Lovecraft & the Black Magickal Tradition (2015), was recently published by Red Wheel/Weiser Books, a major publishing company; it has been a critical success and a financial success as well. It is available in bookstores throughout the US and the UK and, of course, on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other online sites.]

[For more information about me and the book please visit my website

http://www.johnlsteadman.com/  ]