When your not around

I was four and my little baby brother was being born. What where they going to name him? He was what my parents have always wanted. A blue eyed baby boy, to grow strong and smart!! They would have him help them when they needed the garden to be finished or the house to be painted. He would one day become the king of this land and I his big sister will just have to be happy for him. I am Periwinkle James. I have been so happy to get a brother, finally I will not sit alone in my room by myself I'll have someone who cares. I was an accedent, I was not supposed to be born. The king and queen weren't married yet. As life goes on I was born and thrown in this castle. No one talks to me, no one played will me in my younger years. Everyone in the village hates me, what the point of being known if its not for the good.

My dad is the prince of Yongervale, my mom his lover is nowhere to be found. I wish I knew her, I feel like my other half hasn't been filled. My step mother, is the wife of my dad. She has no control over me and honestly I've never met here, if only I could. I talk to my dad everyday, I think I'm just a burden to him, I'm not needed her, that's when I decided that Perwinkle James was not longer. From this day forward everyone will call me June Smith. I was done with my life, that night I would run away. I was of legal age. Today had been my 18th birthday, not that anyone remembered.

10 years later....

"haha loser, you call that a lay up??" that was my daughter yelling at the tv, again. Meriden, I've told you more than once to turn off the television and to go to you geometry homework! Mom, why do I have to!? Ugh, when ever one of your dates come over I'm pushed to the side. If only you knew what it was like to be a cast away!! She ran up dripping tears as she scampered up the winding carpeted stairs. It was true i had never told anyone of my past life. When they asked why I was so wealthy I would give them the usaual my rich uncle died line.

Meriden, my daughter represented her self and her life just as I had. She's a beautiful ginger with eyes that shimmer with the deep blue of the ocean, just as I am so to. Although she has her fathers body, the strong arms and legs that are long. Oh how I miss her father. He was fighting in the army, he had three months before he was out for good. He had promised me he wouldnt leave me, but he couldn't help what was in store for him. I cant raise a child without a man by my side. I tryed dating, it wasnt going to work out, the sad part about today was, that I didn't have another date coming. I had my father coming to get my daughter. I know I've been a pain to him ever scence my birth. But my daughter would be happy with him, happy to be left alone, she will realize I do know what it feels like!