Happiness is a Warm Gun

Based on "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"

A fan fiction takeoff as to what could have happended after Penny's death.

- - -

Before I get carried away, I would just like to state that I loved--who am I kidding, I still love--Penny and Billy, and would never like anything more than for her to somehow be resurrected and have the two of them finally fall in love properly.

That being said, I kind of unforseeably came up with an A.U. in which Billy runs into this other girl who ends up helping him through this difficult time in his life, and so I'm going to let that play out through this... story.

Hopefully I'll be able to get Billy's mindset right... if anything seems out of character (and I'm anticipating that, unfortunately, at first nearly everything will), please comment how I can fix it. It's hard enough to try to think like Joss, and then try to think like Joss thinking like his character.

Thank you.

- - -

Last thing (I promise): I'm currently debating between the title "Everything You Never Expected", an admitably lame play on the song "Everything You Ever", and another petty attempt, "An Unforeseen Happenstance". I'm horrendous at titles.

- - -

AS OF JAN. 24, 2014

Okay, it's me again. So, as I do often before I drift to sleep, I started thinking. About this little "spin off", if you will, and how I was going to have it end. I won't reveal any details of how I plan on tying things up (spoilers, sweetie), but I began to really think.

Do I want to just recycle Whedon's (admitably awesome) characters with one of my own?

I came to a conclusion: the answer is no. So, for now, I'm planning on using Billy and his backstory, and changing things along the way. I want him to have lost an unrequited love, but how, I still do not know, so I plan on sticking with Penny and Captain Hammer and The E.L.E., so on and so forth, until I can pave my own storyline.

Does that make any sense at all? I'm afraid not.

Regardless, that is the plan that I intend to set in motion, effective now. Also, I am changing the title to "Happiness is a Warm Gun", as the Beatles will play a heavy influence on my story and main original character, and each chapter will be named after one of their songs.

Thank you (again).