Just Tonight

Prologue.

  It always starts with a feeling. A round of emotion so deep and thoughtful you can't help but feel them also. You have the usual feelings: Love, Sadness, Pain, Depression. Then you have the more uncommon ones like anger, relief, elation. Can you relate? All these things pull you in, make you sink your teeth into a story whole heatedly until you're rapt up in the main characters problems, thoughts. Isn't that how it happens?

   I won't bore you with a description of my ongoing torrent of useless emotions. No, I'll sell you on a story so plain yet so riveting and untouched you can't help but read on. I'll show you a plot, an external conflict set against an internal battle of will. What will happen in the end? I'll give you enough romance that your heart pounds lightly, but not a full on flutter in your chest. A little touch of action will have you rising from your seat, not completely falling out of it though. 

   A little drama should satisfy your hunger for more, quench your thirst for entertainment. I'll give you enough of all the key points in a story that you'll be able to escape your boring, painful lives. I won't give you enough however, that you'll be able to leave it all behind entirely. Every little problem, worry you have, will still be sitting in the back of your mind, snapping at you when you have to take the time to load the next page. 

   "Ladies and gentlemen can I have your full, undivided attention? There is something you all really need to know." Bring Me The Horizon.

   As it is, I am nothing out of the ordinary. I'm cliche in that way. I have a set of individual friends that are so extraordinary people often wonder why they accepted me, the plain Jane. Isn't that how it always goes? I am not a nerd, nor am I a loner. I just float. The world goes on around me and I just float. 

   Like in every teenage story, every teenage tell all, there's a boy. A boy that comes into your life just to mess things up, confuse what you thought was the way of the world. Things set in stone can be torn apart, don't let anyone tell you different. At one point in time I would of scoffed at the mere mention of a boy holding interest in me, the plain Jane. But isn't that what always happens?

   He rode into my life on a Ducati, and rode out just as fast as he came. He was your typical rebel, a leather clad broken soul, searching for someone to understand him enough to look past his hard stares. He wanted someone to break through his walls, ignore his one syllable replies. I wasn't that girl. Together, all we had was silence. But sometimes silence is all you need.

   He broke my mold. Made me into someone different. With him, I wasn't the plain Jane. I was the funny, kick-ass girl who stood her own ground, had her own personality. I wasn't faceless with him at my side. Just like he wasn't broken with me at his. 

  So here's our dull but daring story. Our romantic but not overly so relationship. Are you listening?