Chapter 1

"Layla, there is a family here that wants to see you," Ellie told me yanking me out of my bed.

For one, I am an only child, my parents decided to ditch me a while back now, so I have ended up in a care home. I was forced to make new friends and create a new life. I couldn't possibly ever forgive my parents for leaving me here either, they're probably having a great time now without me. I don't even know why my mum had me in he first place. Maybe it was to kill 9 months of her life. Or to get all the attention of becoming a first-time-parent that she would get. Anyway I have had several interviews with new families, but either they didn't like me, or I didn't like them, if I didn't like them I would purposely put them off me by making something up, like I killed someone before, or I pee everywhere in the house. Oh and I am 19. I suppose my parents didn't want to put up with a teenager. Even though that I was abandoned a few years ago now that I can't actually remember. But 19 and living with a bunch of other guys and girls that don't know their lefts from rights! Man I screwed up in life... thankyou God for placing me on this fine Earth. GOOD JOB!

"OK I am coming," I sighed and rolled out of bed.

I didn't bother to do my make-up today. The only thing I did do was brush my hair and get dressed. Oh and of course my teeth. Eurgh people with bad breath is a MAJOR turn-off!

I walked into the little office like I was meeting the queen. My back couldn't be any more straight to the point I had to check if there wasn't a pole up my rectum, and my hands were glued to my sides. The couple looked at each other with a weird look in their eyes which made me crack a smile.

"Hello," I greeted giving them a hand shake.

"Hello Layla," The woman replied

The man nodded at me and flashed me a quick smile. Wow, cat got his tongue?

It suddenly grew awkward until Ellie finally forced some words out of her mouth.

"Well Layla, you know the rules right? Well Mr and Mrs Collins are going to introduce them-self and then they can ask you some questions OK?" She explained.

"Got it," I replied

"Well hello Layla, I am Julie Collins and this is Charlie," She pointed over to the bold man sat besides her. "We are both forty-one and we have a nineteen year old son and a ten year old son. I work as a nursery teacher and Charlie works as a builder."

'Bob the builder was now running through my head'

**Bob the builder, can we fix it? Bob the builder, yes we can!**

"Layla?" Elinor whispered nudging my arm.

"Sorry what?" I asked rushing back down from my little sing-song.

"How about you?" Charlie repeated himself.

"Well I am called Layla Candile, I am nineteen and I have been in care for a while now, I usually teach myself things so I am pretty bright for a girl like me. I can't really remember anything from before I was chucked in care, so I guess my life has started here. I am willing to do things for others and I am determined to get far in life." I babbled on.

"That is a good thing to hear," Julie replied.

My face was beaming with smiles. For once I like where these guys were coming from. Also they have a nineteen year old son. WOOP! What if he is fit? How am I going to control myself!?

"I think we have heard enough, you can go back to your room and we'll talk in a second." Ellie said waving her hand at me and signled me to leave.

I got up out of my swivel chair and left. No way was I going back to my room knowing that my future parents might be sitting in there. Oh god what do they think of me? Did I sell myself? Damn calm Layla calm! I swivelled round and placed my ear to the door. Dam! All I could hear was muffled speech.