Mummy always said, don't talk to strangers.

Prologue

   “Wait out here while mummy gets some milk, I’ll buy you two a treat.” A tall blonde woman said to her children just before she disappeared into the little corner shop.

   The little children stood innocently outside under the shadow of the giant whippy ice-cream, the little girl was wearing white dress falling just above her knees then her white socks coming up to just below her knee. She was standing up straight with her feet together. She had tiny red shoes on that had white flowers on the ends of both Velcro straps. And the little boy, who was about a year or two older than the little girl, was wearing a stripy blue and green shirt with dark green dungarees over the top and little blue trainers which had dinosaurs on the sides.

   She tucked her curly blonde hair behind her ear and then held her brother’s hand as two vampires came over and showed them what was inside their bags. Sweets, lots and lots of sweets that, to the young children, looked so delicious and…well, sweet. Both of them were still getting used to the idea of the world and they didn’t quite understand the concept of good and bad, because of this they thought the ‘people’ simply wanted to be nice and give them some sweets. They followed them to their house waiting for the moment that they would give them the sweets but they never did. Instead there treat was being locked in the basement.

   When the mother came out of the shop and realised her children were no longer there, she dropped her bags on the floor and started shouting. “AMBER, MONTY SWEETIES, COME ON WHERE ARE YOU???” Eventually she let her doubts win and she slumped down onto the ground and started wailing because she knew her children were gone. Forever.

   Amber, of only seven, and Monty, just turned eleven, had been locked in the basement for a year when the vampires bought another young boy into the basement. He was about the same age as Amber and they simply threw him into the room. When they had shut the door Amber picked up the water bottle and walked over to him and held it out to him. A nice thought, that, even after being treated with the utmost cruelty, a strong minded child can choose the personality they desire; upfront, Kind, sharing or cagy, untrusting, frightened.

   “My name is Amber, What’s yours?” She said as he accepted the bottle and started drinking out of it.

   Monty just stayed in the corner as he wasn’t sure about the child, ‘it could be another one of them’ he thought.

   “My name is Jack.” He said standing up.

   “Do you want to be friends with me and my brother, Monty?” She said.

   “I don’t want to be friends with him.” Monty said harshly.

   “That’s mean.” Amber said. She put her hands on her hips and frowned, copying what her mum used to do. She turns to Jack, “Just ignore him, he’s a little grouchy.”

   About three years later, when Monty and Jack have become friends, they had all gotten older and Amber had learnt that boys will be boys and fighting for the title man of the house came natural to them, the three had just eaten their daily sandwich and crisps, when one of the vampires, Georgina, the younger but more powerful of the two vampires, came into the room.

   “You…humans have to follow me.” She said pausing to sniff as if the smell of people disgusted her. She turned and walked out of the door and the three followed her until they got out into the back garden.

   Jack and Amber innocently, not knowing what fate was coming for them but Monty being the slightly older one understood completely so he stood in front of the two younger children in a protective stance.

   Georgina stood in front of Monty in a teasing manner. Suddenly out of what appears to be no-where, Tracy, the second, older and less powerful of the two vampires, is standing next to Monty her long bony fingers stroking his neck in a hungry sort of way. Tracy sticks her long slimy tongue out and licks up Monty’s neck. He stands there glued to the spot with fear as he feels two sharp pricks of pain. He feels blood trickle slowly down his neck as he hears sucking noises every now and again. When she stops she pricks her wrist with her fangs and forces him to drink the blood pulsing through her veins. She pushes the back of his head so his mouth is on the cuts. He has no choice but to drink. When Tracey feels that enough blood has been drunk she simply slings him to the floor.

   Georgina goes back inside the house and emerges with two young children; about four or five years old. Tracey saw them and cackled. She swooped over to one of them and sunk her fangs into his neck. Sheer terror and need flashed through his eyes. He looked at them as if he was in pain and pleading out for them to help them. Jack and Amber simply stood next to each other and watched horrified by what they are seeing. After a while the boy simple drops to the floor, limp and lifeless.

   “Your turn,” Georgina said staring directly at Jack.

   “No, I won’t let you.” Amber shouted standing firmly on the spot in front of Jack. Jack was simply hoping that they did to him as they had done to Monty and not what they had done to the boy, for Monty was still alive and moving.

   Tracey quickly moved behind Amber and pulled her out of the way restraining her so that she couldn’t go back to protecting him. Amber wrestled with Tracey trying to get free but soon stopped as Georgina sunk her spiked teeth into Jack’s fleshy neck. She did the same with Jack as Tracey did with Monty.

   Amber drops to the floor and cries, waiting for her turn. Whatever may happen to her.

   Tracey slowly approaches Amber. Her heart beats faster and faster. Her hands start to tremble. Her vision blurs as her eyes flood with tears. She looks over at Monty. His eyes have turned black. Monty grins as he anticipates what Tracey is about to do to Amber.

   “NO!” She screamed, she felt panic spreading through her skin.

   Monty clapped as Georgina sunk her teeth into Amber’s young neck. ‘This isn’t like him, he’d normally be protecting me, why is he cheering them on?’ She thought as she slumped to the floor, realising, she’s still thinking, that will be her in a few seconds.

   She screams in pain as two pointy sharp fangs pierce through her gums. Tracey trembles in fear.

   “What have we done?” Tracey says backing up against the wall.

   “Made a Superior vampire.” Georgina claps in Glee as if happy with herself for putting an innocent child through this pain and torture.

   Amber puts her head onto the floor and cries out in pain as she feels all of her genetics being altered, her organs shifting, her personality being mutated.

   And that’s where I’ll leave it. My story. How I became more powerful than anything on this world. How I became a weapon.