Grey Side of the Rainbow

Just a warning to all of those reading, I have terrible grammar. Please exucse any grammatical or phrasing errors. This is only a first draft that I haven't even read over yet. I still hope you can enjoy my story!

Her mascara streaked cheeks. It was watery from the tears that her soft hazel eyes produced. She thought she could help him, but he was lost cause from the beginning. If she had just listened to the others, she wouldn't be here in a public bathroom, sobbing like a baby. Keiko wiped the mascara away with her hoodies sleeve. She missed him terribly, but she could never get him back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Keiko stood there for a moment. This wet, bright pink stick was in her hand, but she had no clue what to do with it. She sniffed it, and cringed from the terrible odor. 

"Oh, come on," Taylor whined. 

Keiko looked up at her doe eyed friend. She almost barfed when Taylor placed the stick in her mouth. 

"Oh! How can you put that in your mouth?" Keiko cried. 

"Kei... It's a Popsicle, it's supposed to go in you mouth," Taylor explained to her clueless friend. Keiko began to stare at it, "Pop-si-cle..."  

Taylor furiously grabbed the treat and put it in her mouth. She smiled contently while Keiko stared at her. 

It took Taylor a few moments, but she soon finished the Popsicle. 

The two girls sat quietly in the shade of the trees. It was one of the hottest days of the year, and Taylor was having a hard time beating the heat.  

Keiko watched as the sweat dripped from her body. Like most girls their age, Taylor was obsessed with writing on her hands. It didn't have to be something provocative, like a guys number, just something that was on her mind would do. 

The ink began to swirl on her arms through the beads of her sweat. The only thing that remained undisturbed was the tattoo on her left wrist. She had gotten it last summer when she visited family in Cali, as she had called it. In multi-colored bubble letters read, 'DFTBA'. 

Taylor had never explained what this meant, so Keiko could only speculate. 

"How are you not drenched?" Taylor asked through her gasps for air. 

Keiko began to pull at the top of her shirt, but Taylor stopped her.  

"Whoa, playgirl. Keep your shirt on!" Taylor yelled over dramatically.  

Keiko smirked crookedly. She continued to tug at her shirt, until she finally found a small, blue packet, an ice pack. She handed it to Taylor, and her face became a blissful mess. 

"Oh! This is euphoria! I really don't care that this was just on your boobs a minute ago. It feels too good to care!" Taylor yelled.  

Keiko chuckled softly. She and Taylor were on two opposite sides of the spectrum, but that's why she loved her so much.  

Keiko was simple, quiet, and even a bit shy, but Taylor was over the top. For Keiko, she was happy in favorite graphic tee, a pair of knee length shorts and her short black hair in two sweet pigtails. Everything about Keiko's appearance made her look five years younger than she actually was, but her mind was far more developed than it should be at her age.  

As for Taylor, simple was never enough. She loved wearing bright, neon colors. Something that always caught someone's eye. Although it seems differently, Taylor actually hated the attention she got. All she wanted to do was dress up in clothes that made her feel beautiful, and also that would keep her out of everyone's line of view. She always failed at the latter.