The Spell of the Red Witch Doll © By John L. Steadman

This spell can be cast on any three consecutive nights during the period of the Full Moon between the hours of sunset and midnight. The purpose of the spell is to create love or romance in a man or woman desired by the magickal practitioner. The spell is also useful for healing purposes.

The Place of Working consists of a medium sized circle constructed from white stones, or, if indoors, white string or white tape on the floor. An altar is placed in the exact center of the circle, facing east.

The altar holds the following items: the red witch doll, which the magickal practitioner has prepared herself; a vial containing Attraction Oil; a vial containing Love powder; and a vial containing Dove's Blood ink. The incense is John the Conqueror Incense, which is placed on a bed of black coals in a silver censer. In addition, there must be an old-fashioned ink pen; a piece of red cloth; materials for lighting a fire; a single, 12" red or pink taper, set in a silver holder; and the text of the rite.

* * * *

The magickal practitioner, wearing a simple, black robe, enters the circle and lights the taper. She performs the Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram, purifying the Place of Working. Upon completing this, she anoints the witch doll with Attraction Oil.

She then writes the name of the person whom she wishes to become her lover on the back of the doll in Dove's Blood Ink, using her pen. She lays the doll on the red cloth and sprinkles both sides of the doll with Love powder. While she does this, she must recite the following:

This is not a doll I woo,

But [ Name of Person], My Love, so True.

The magickal practitioner repeats this three times. Then, she wraps the doll in the red cloth, concealing it. She lights the incense and then recites the following Oration.

As she does so, she must visualize an image of her beloved coming to her. She should be able to see the beloved's face and form clearly, as though the Beloved were present in the room before her. She must vividly feel that the Beloved genuinely wishes to be with her, and she should be able to feel an equally strong, intense love for the Beloved as well.

Burn Powder Burn, Burn Powder Burn!

[Name of Person], to you I yearn!

Beneficent light of the Moon, full and bright,

Bless her [him] on this magickal night!

By the powers of the Goddess of the Full Moon,

Let my hopes and desires now come to pass!

This spell should be repeated exactly as above for each of the three nights. On the first two nights, when the magickal practitioner has concluded the rite, she keeps the doll concealed in the red cloth and leaves it on the altar. She then closes the Place of Working with the License to Depart, reciting "Let There be a Veiling of this Shrine."

On the third night, after she has recited the oration, she will sprinkle the doll with Love Powder again. She will meditate quietly for a few moments on her purpose. Then, she delivers the same License to Depart as before, and then, when she is satisfied that the forces evoked are no longer present in the Place of Working, she can leave the circle.

After her beloved comes to her, the magickal practitioner will return later to the Place of Working and burn the doll, the cloth and the pin in a small pit which she has dug between the altar and the perimeter of the circle. Once the doll is consumed by the flames, the magickal practitioner must scatter the ashes to the four winds.

NOTE: The red witch doll should be only a few inches in length, and can be made from any material, though yarn is the optimal choice. The body and head of the doll should be either red or pink, as the magickal practitioner prefers, and the eyes should be black. There should be some personal item(s) attached or affixed to the doll that provide a magickal link between the doll and the object of her affection, such as a strand of hair, or nail clippings, or, perhaps, even a few drops of her lover's blood, or sexual fluids.

This same spell can be adapted by the magickal practitioner for healing purposes. If she decides to use the spell for this purpose, then the doll must be red in hue, rather than pink. The practitioner, of course, will need to make modifications to the words used in the spell and she will need to visualize the object of the spell becoming healthy and whole, and free from any serious ailments or diseases.

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram can be found in any standard occult book; any version of this rite will be okay.

The oils, the powder & the incense used in this rite can be purchased at any shop that specializes in Voodoo, Wiccan or new age materials and paraphenalia. If your local shop doesn't have these items, they will know how to order them. The magickal practitioner, of course, can order these herself. Use Google Chrome to find the names of stores and shops that carry these items. They are not expensive. And, for the particularly enterprising magickal practitioner, she can make these oils and powders herself; again, Google Chrome will provide the key ingredients needed.

[My first book, H. P. Lovecraft & the Black Magickal Tradition (2015), was recently published by Red Wheel/Weiser Books, a major publishing company; it has been a critical success and a financial success as well. It is available in bookstores throughout the US and the UK and, of course, on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other online sites.]

For more information about me and the book please visit my website: http://www.johnlsteadman.com

sLUPNRkIZ+X�9%�Z�

Z}]o]N.M