DELUSIONAL (Short Horror Story Smackdown)

Start from the beginning

“ 12:00 o’clock meds Adday!” The female nurse brought her back to reality, Adday opened her eyes and took in the person being reflected back at her. A girl no more than sixteen with long black un kept hair and a scary thinning pale complexion to match the already haggard look. The other girl in the mirror flashed a smile showing off an array of jagged pointed teeth. Adday closed her eyes quickly and opened them again, this time a frail tiny girl with a grim bleak experience stared back.

Adday turned on her bare heel and faced the chunky woman in her mid thirties, she started noticing after a while that when ever they gave her the medication, they always had an extra syringe on their hip to sedate her if she got out of hand. A beefy guard stood behind the nurse with his gun held across is chest in a stance, the woman held the little paper cup of assorted pills in front of her arms length. Adday took a couple steps towards the woman cautiously like always well eyeing the tiny camera in the far left, they were always watching her, she had to be careful, to look normal. Though she didn’t understand why all the armed man and precautions, she may have killed one man but she wasn’t that dangerous.

“ That’s close enough” The guard said in a voice way to deep, breaking her train of thought once more.

Adday reached out and took the pills popped them in her mouth and pretended to swallow, she opened her mouth to show the nurse they were gone. Once the nurse nodded and turned around, Adday quickly coughed into her hand away from camera, spitting out the soggy capsules. Tonight would be the last dose of medication, marking the end of one full month. She stopped taking them her second night at the asylum, after the girl came to her in her dreams, warning her what would happen if she took the medication. It was their idea of a slow death, a warm up per say until the grand finally of when they finally had you in their bellies.

‘’ One full month” She uttered bitterly as she sat on her springy bed and looking down at her feet. One full month for killing someone that deserved it, more than that, she hadn’t even left the damn room that they locked her up in, all she got was the nurse with the meds and Mr. Krypt her Doctor. Adday looks up at the tiny camera in the corner, the back of her neck ignites with static as the hairs rise, she knew somewhere behind that lens someone was watching her right this minute. Adday’s head felt like a pound of bricks, so she laid down slowly looking up at the ugly yellowing ceiling, listening to the ill cries and screams of the other patients that were locked up. The thought struck instantly, some the screamers might be fighting that very second for life as the nurses and guards strap them to the gurney and wheel them away to the basement.

“ You know why they’re watching you Miss Adday, you know, don’t pretend you don’t know. You know your mother wouldn’t have slept with a fat man like him for nothing, your mother was whore! A whore, a whore a whore!”

The familiar voice sliced through the thought, causing a flash of goose bumps instantaneously.

Adday swallowed the bile that wanted to come up, she knew her hallucinations were getting worse, but she couldn’t take the medication, they would drug her until she was almost dead, then she’d be gone forever, traveling through the bellies of the Benson Hill staff, than later on shitted out and flushed for the rats to feast upon.

Adday cracked her eyes opened and turned her to head to the corner where the giant claw tub sat next to a steal toilet, everything that a basic human needed was there in that room with her, spread about with no curtains, just four walls and a camera to spy on her every move.

She spotted first the mass dirty clump of black hair peeking from inside the tub, the person moved and water sloshed off the sides and hit the floor with a splash. It was the smell that hit Adday first, like rotten eggs and meat, the smell of decay clung to her tongue causing her to almost gag at the taste. She choked back the fright in her face, for the camera was still blinking red, the last thing she needed was them knowing she wasn’t better yet, she couldn’t get the stamp.