Chapter one

Tracing Echoes

HI!!! XD

(Romance/Spiritual/Adventure)

I do not own the youtube videos.

I ask you to please keep reading. I honestly believe that it gets better through out the chapters. The relationship between Jonas and Lynn develops, secrets come out, and there is alot of action.

Thank you Threethirteen for the beautiful cover!  =)

  Hope you enjoy it! XD

God bless!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn smiled to herself as the warm glow of the sunset trickled down through the brightly lit clouds and came to rest upon the exposed part of her arms. Nothing was going to put her in a bad mood. The weather was nice, and the city's normally congested sidewalks were empty. Overhead, shadows played across the walls of the many skyscrapers lining her path. Where the dancing hues of blue and grey didn't reach the buildings' glass glittered with thousands of dazzling lights.

Stepping out onto the curb, Lynn waited for the short line of cars to speed by, then continued on her trek home from soccer practice. She was tired and sweaty, but happy. The dull ache in her muscles made her feel alive, while the pleasant atmosphere relaxed her into a calm contentment.

Just as she thought she was about to finish the perfect day in a perfect way she spotted a tall figure leaning up against the brick wall of an old fire station. Instantly an odd, unexplainable sense of urgency washed through her.

She immediately considered crossing the street to pass him from the other side of the road, but the man in front of her didn't seem dangerous. He held himself with a quiet confidence, not with the pent up tension of a person getting ready to attack someone. 

She couldn't see his face because he was staring straight ahead, watching the affects of the light on the building's glass across the street, but his short brown and slightly ruffled hair looked clean, meaning he probably wasn't homeless. Plus his army green T, and jeans weren't affiliated with any colors of the local gangs. No, he looked safe, but why then did she have an overwhelming feeling that something drastic was about to happen?

 Your'e being paranoid! She thought, trying to force away the anxiety that was building in her chest. However she did remove her ear buds just in case.

As she came closer the man lifted his head, noticing her for the first time. His face, young and smooth, didn't appear to be more than a few years older than her own. He gave her a polite smile, lifting his lips at the corner then turned back to gaze at the beauty in front of him. After passing him, Lynn lowered her own head and pondered over how his smile hadn't reached his bright hazel eyes. They had looked so sad, and yet they carried a happiness she couldn't explain. It was strange.

The man suddenly pulled himself off the wall, making her tense. She quickly glanced behind her back in order to see what he was doing. It was then that she noticed the group of men walking up behind her. There were five of them who ranged between the ages of early thirties to late teens. Each one sported a red bandanna in some way or another, either by wearing it around their head in a band, or having it simply stick out from their jean pockets. It was the symbol for the South City boys a notoriously drug addicted, and vicious gang, and now the stranger was the only thing standing between her and them.