Anger

I didn’t realize that I had fallen asleep until I woke up. Maybe everything was just a dream of mine. My eyes adjusted to the light up room and I knew I wasn’t dreaming. I was still trapped inside the bedroom with Kyle somewhere in the house. I hated being locked up like a caged animal.

I felt much better, now that the chloroform effects wore off, but it still didn’t help that I was kidnapped. I swung my feet to the side of the bed and walked to the door. I knew it was a long shot but I turned the doorknob. It opened. He must have come in here while I was sleeping and didn’t lock the door. I would normally be freaked out by that thought but all that was on my mind was escaping.

I tiptoed out of the room, trying to make as little noise as possible. My heart thumped loudly against my chest, making my breathing increase. I entered the living room and froze dead in my tracks when I saw Kyle sleeping on the couch.

Should I try to escape through the front door, or somewhere else? Then I saw the glass backdoor across the house, in the dining room and decided that’s where I should try and escape. I held my breath the whole time as I crossed Kyle’s path, praying he wouldn’t wake up. He looked to be having a deep sleep so hopefully he wouldn’t wake up.

Once I was at the backdoor, I paused. This was it, my chance to escape. I touched the knob, have expecting it to shock me from previous experiences but it wasn’t. That had to be a good thing, right? I turned the knob but the door didn’t open. I tried to tug it harder, thinking that it may just be stuck but it wasn’t.

I sighed and bowed my head down, trying to think of somewhere else to escape from. At last hopes, I tugged once again on the door for it to not move. Then I gasped and let out a shriek when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

I froze there, not turning around, knowing Kyle would be there. He had just caught me trying to escape. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying because I was actually scared right now. He said nothing at first but then leaned to my ear. His warm breath tickled my ear and an involuntary shiver came as he whispered in my ear.

“What am I going to do with you, Sweetie?” He whispered in a seducing voice.

I slowly turned around, his arms still wrapped tightly around me. His face was emotionless but I knew he was angry, despite the softness in his voice. At first, I stared into his icy, blue eyes but then I drifted them down to the floor, not wanting to look at him. He pushed me up against the door, and I felt the cold glass touch my skin, making me shiver.

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. His head was cocked to the side as he stared at me. He smiled slightly and said, “I’ll make you a deal, kiss me like you mean it and I won’t give you your punishment.”

“What’s my punishment, first?” I asked, trying to stay strong.

“Now why would I tell you that?” He asked, smirking.

“Well then I guess I’ll take the punishment. I won’t ever love you and no matter how hard you try, I will never look at you, except for the one thing you are. A murderous, betraying bastard.” I said, not showing any emotion on my face, even though deep down, I was full of rage.

I should have known it was coming but it was still shocking when his hand connected with my cheek, causing me to slump backwards, against the door. There was nowhere to go because he still had me trapped between him and the door. A tear silently trickled down my face. My cheek was throbbing and probably bright red. I shouldn’t have said that but my emotions overcame me. What I said was true though. I could tell that Kyle looked hurt but I didn’t really care. I avoided eye contact with him, trying to hide more tears that spilled out of my eyes. My cheek was hurting really bad. I needed to stay strong though.

“Fine, if you want to be a bitch, then I can be the bastard you are calling me.” He snarled.

He started to drag me across the room, and yes, I resisted but he pulled me along like I wasn’t even fighting him. He said nothing as he opened a door and shoved me inside. I stumbled from the stairs and realized he was locking me in the basement. Great.

I turned around to see him standing in the doorway. I was on the third step from the top and knew if I moved, he would slam the door in my face. He stared at me, with hatred in his eyes and I knew I may have crossed the line some.

“Maybe your right, I am a murderous, betraying bastard, but trust me Sweetie, you haven’t seen anything yet. If you thought your life was bad enough already, just wait.” He snarled.

He slammed the door shut, causing everything to go black around me. I knew there was nothing else I could do but go down the stairs. I had to admit I was terrified by his words. What was he going to do? Then I thought of Landon. What if he hurt him? I could never life with myself if that happened. My hands were trembling along with the rest of my body.

There was no light switch, or at least I couldn’t find it. So I sat on the cold, concrete floor, alone in the dark. I can’t see why he locked me down here instead of in the bedroom. It was depressing and scary down here.

I was down in the basement for what felt like eternity. Boredom and coldness was on most of mind. I didn’t want to think about Kyle or what he was doing and I didn’t want to think about Landon because then I would start crying because of how much I miss him already. It’s been what, a day? I wasn’t even sure what time it was, which I hated.

I was only in my tank top and shorts so I was freezing. It didn’t help that everything was concrete and that there wasn’t anything in the basement. My hair was still pulled back in a ponytail and I wished I could shower. I feel disgusting. If Kyle was going to kidnap me, why couldn’t he have at least waited for me to put normal clothes on and to shower?

Oh my God, this is too boring. I was about to get up and go beg for Kyle to let me out, even though the words would probably taste like venom coming out but the door opened. I stood at the bottom of the stairs and was blinded by the bright light. My eyes were so used to the dark that I almost started crying from the bright light. I screamed as I body tumbled down the stairs and the door was shut and locked.

 Here is the next chapter and yes I left it on  a huge cliffhanger, you're welcome haha. Who do you think the person it? To the right is a picture of Marcus. Anyone else you want to see?

This chapter's dedication goes to @ AwaPayne. Thanks for always commenting!!! 

             Don't forget about my contest, I hope you all do it because I love reading them. I already have a few written so please enter and message me when you have published it!!! :) I'll update as soon as I can, thanks everyone!