Southern Bell

Hey this is just a new story i'm working on hope ya'll like :)

Southern Bell

            Chapter One

            I shovel out the horses stalls. My hair clinging to my forehead from the sweat and my white tank top clung to my body and my black shorts were sweaty too, thanks greatly to the hot Alabama summer heat. I take a break from shoveling and stand up run the back of my hand across my forehead.

            “Elena!” a strong voice calls and I walk towards the sliding stall door peaking out.

            I see my brother Aaron walking down the aisle of the barn his sandy blonde hair is slightly tussled and his light sky blue eyes shined. He has little stubbles on his chin and is wearing a red plaid button up shirt, worn out blue jeans, and a pair of brown cowboy boots. My brother has model good looks and a perfect smile. So more or less my brother is the opposite of me but we are still very close. He is 22 and I am 19 so the age difference isn’t too bad. My brother’s looks makes me wonder how we are related because I have long, light brown hair with natural blonde highlights that make me look blonde in the sunlight. My eyes are this very dark blue that in some lightings look like a dark purple, but they are really just plain. I am not fat but I’m not skinny, I am just curvy.

            I am just a plain girl not pretty or able to make guys turn their heads. I’m just plain old Elena.

            “Elena?” my brother repeats now in front of my waving one of his hands.

            “Yeah?” I ask blinking and then looking at him.

            “I was already headed out here to ask you if you wanted to come with Nick and me to the diner, but then mom and Henry told me to come and get you. Apparently they need to talk to us,” he says.

            Me go with him and Nick?! Heck yes! Nick is Aaron’s 22 year old best friend and the guy I’ve been crushing on forever. “Yeah I’ll go,” I said and begin to walk out of the barn with Aaron by my side.

            The bright sun beat down on us as we walk across the farm to the nice, two story farm house. It’s lined with bushes and flowers. We walk onto the large back porch and into the house. We make our way to the den were my mother and step father, Henry.

            “Hey guys what’s up?” I ask as I sit down beside my brother on the love seat.

            “Well kids you know my Godsons in New York? Their mother is from here and we were best friends practically sisters. She moved to New York and had four sons who she asked me to be the Godmother of.”  My mother says tapping one her long finger. Her blonde curls fall over my shoulders and her blue eyes were a lot like Aaron.

            “Yeah what about it?” Aaron asks stiffening beside me.

            “One of the boys got into trouble. So their mother has decided to send them here,” my mom says looking at me smiling.

            I sit there beside my brother stunned. My parents are going allow some strangers to come stay with us? That just doesn’t make sense, even if they are her Godson. Gosh my summer just got a lot more complicated. I glance up at my brother to see his face. He has whatever looks on his face and I know he’s not really that care free. I raise an eyebrow and then turn to look back at my smiling mom and Henry sitting there smiling.