every thing was fine

There are approximately 5 births in the world per second, an estimated average of 353,000 new humans each day. Caspen thought about this a lot, how that was so many people she would never be able to meet. Too many people, 7 billion, and she was only one of them. At times she doubted the significance of her existence. It worried her that all the other teens her age lived their life so carelessly, while she felt absorbed and trapped in the overthinking walls of her mind. She felt she was missing out, she felt she'd never escape because overthinking, doubt, and self consciousness is who she is, it's who Caspen is. She felt self pity, hate, aggravation, need for something but not knowing what, she felt so many things. Caspen was a an overflowing sea of dark and deep emotions , because she felt so much.

until she couldn't.

~~~•

              Caspen

"So you're new here?" I heard a female voice call behind me

I turned around and put a face on the unknown voice. Next to the girl was a guy that although he was sitting down I could tell he was rather tall.
"Well that would explain why you've never seen me before, yes" the guy next to her snorted it was only then - while he smiled- that I noticed his dimple. The girl rolled her eyes, moving her blonde loose curls to the back. I was taken aback by this new interaction, you watch all these movies where there's the out of place new student who talks to new people and you think you're gonna be prepared for it when it's actually your turn.
You're not.

"I'm saistrien" it took me a moment to process such a unique name, I had never heard that before and she definitely looks more like a Britney or Stacy.

"I'm Caspen I just moved here from Canada" I hesitated not knowing whether I should tell people where I came from or not ; I was aiming for that mysterious you-don't-know-me kind of reputation here. Everyone here seems to be so openly descriptive with every detail of their life. Back home at my school, you either knew everything about someone since childhood, or you knew nothing about them and you never would. Everyone's got this image or idea in their head about Canada that everyone's all rainbows and "I'll mow your lawn for free" type of person there. The truth is Canada? Unless you like yearly concussions from slipping on ice and falling on your head - especially if you're an uncoordinated stubborn idiot that refuses to wear weather appropriate shoes- then yes Canada is perfect.

"oooH like Canada Canada ?" her eyes became wide and full of oblivious interest.

"Canada" I nodded. As I stared at her blue eyes I could only think back to a couple seconds ago when she rolled her eyes. Maybe i shouldn't be talking to her.

"is it like really cold there?" she asked and i thought back to the snowy days when me and my friends would go out and have snow ball fights, always resulting in someone getting seriously hurt because the snow had become hard as rock when stuck together rather tightly. I thought about how most of my wardrobe consisted of thick wool sweaters knitted by my mother on a Sunday afternoon, How we both sat by the fire place and knitted, How every time you stepped outside it was like stepping into a cold shower, the breeze replacing the water. How during those last few moments spent at my old house I spent them in front of my fire place. The fire burning bringing heat but somehow, inside I felt as though I was frozen still and cold. No matter how close I got to the fire i felt the same, so cold Because Canada? it's Damn cold there.

"no it's not too cold"

"Really? But it's Canada"

"As I've repeated a couple times now, yes" I nodded slowly I turned back around thinking I've had enough interaction with the blonde for one day. I stared down at my desk, waiting for the teacher to come in any minute now. This school was unusually big for a high school, almost college-like. So many students, the bigger part of them were better looking than most teenagers. I felt so out of place, Not to mention that the heat here in Washington was much more intense than I had ever felt back home. My thoughts were interrupted and I flinched when I heard the loud burst of the door opening. My assumption was proved wrong when I saw that it wasn't the teacher. Rather it was another student. Tall with brown and blonde messy curls that had just the right amount of messy in all the right places. My stomach began feeling uneasy when I saw that he was walking towards me. Putting myself in a more acceptable position I sat up and my assumption was once again proved wrong when he walked past me and began talking to Saistrien the blonde behind me and saistriens friend, dimple boy.