Chapter 3

((Yay now i can start doing some POV warnings xD))

Violets POV.

"The forecast for the next couple of days is bright and sunny weather, so make sure to keep cool!" This Morning Show.

Just as my letter had said, my uniform came the day after. The uniform was quite strange, a white blazer with red rims towards the bottom of the sleeve with the same coat of arms that was on the wax seal, on the breast pocket. I also had to wear a black skirt and shirt to match. I hadn't really packed much as i didn't really own much, mainly clothes and a picture of mum, dad, Phillip and Darcy. Today was the 3rd day since i received my letter and the day i was supposed to travel to the school. I had slipped on my uniform the morning along with knee-high white socks and my black Dr. martins. The train i was taking would arrive at my destination at about 13:00. Hopefully that would be around about lunch so i could have some time to settle into my dorm. I quickly took a double check of my suitcase, straightened out my uniform and re-laced my shoes. As i came bounding down the stairs i saw Phillip and Darcy stood in the middle of the kitchen. Phillip had his arm on Darcy's shoulder and they both smiled as i appeared. "You look beautiful dear." Darcy said and as soon as she said it she started crying. She ran over and hugged my tightly. "I'll visit in the holidays." I explained and patted her on the back. Phillip took his turn to hug and then held out an envelope. "What's this?" I gingerly took the envelope out of his hand. It was quite heavy and bulky. He looked at me for while before explaining. "It's some money for your travels, food and in case you need to buy some new clothes. There should be about £500 in there."

"500! Oh my god thank you!" I hugged both of them together and managed to set Darcy off again. After we had finished our goodbyes i walked towards the door and stood in the frame "Thank you for looking after me these past years, i hope one day ill be able to repay you."

"Oh come on now you don't need to do that." Phillip smiled and patted Darcy on the head as she started crying, yet again. "I'll come home soon, promise." and with that i made my way to the bus station.

The bus that had appeared had nobody else on it. I suppose not many people choose to live out in the sticks any more. I was getting a lift to a small town about 4 miles away from where i lived, to catch a train. I read that the Academy has a train station by but its my first time using a train so i don't know if this is all going to go well. I sighed and rested my head against the window as we started approaching the little town. I wrapped my hands around the handle of my bag as the nervousness began. I'll be staying in an Academy with people i've never met before. I suppose the downside to being brought up in a small community is the fact you rarely ever meet new people. As the bus drew to a stop, i stood up and pulled my suitcase along behind me. The bus stop was right beside the train station, which was an old brick building with pictures of lots of trains inside. The woman behind the desk must have been about 25, she was very happy and smiley for some reason."Hi! How can i help you today Miss?"

"Um, i'd like a ticket for Darkridge Academy please?" I asked looking awkwardly from her face then to the floor. As i looked back up i had noticed the smile on her face had disappeared. She seemed to look in almost disbelief at what i had just said. "Ah, yes, um.. Ha ha." she nervously stared at her computer and printed something off that looked like a receipt. She held it like it was dirty and quickly put it down on the table instead of handing it to me. It seemed like she was worried in case i might touch her by accident when she handed it to me. Do i look really ugly or something? Probably, i mean i've never worn makeup or tried to look pretty. I shook my head clear and picked up the ticket "Thanks." I smiled and she tried to return the smile. It looked like she was in pain. Pulling my suitcase along i stood and waited at the tracks. I took a quick look at the watch on my wrist, it was 11:43. "Only two more minutes." I muttered to myself. I quickly scoped the station to see if anyone else was going to this school. There wasn't, i suppose it is a 2 hour train drive, it's not really in catchment.

I blinked my eyes open as i realized that the train was starting to slow down. My eyes stung as they adjusted to their surroundings. The train was slowly approaching Darkridge Station. I suddenly jolted in realization and stumble up onto my feet. As the train stopped i stumbled forward slightly and made my way off the train. After i had made my way out side and out of the train station i could finally see the landscape. It was beautifully positioned, you could see the sea stretch out for miles. I had no idea where i was going so waited at a 'taxi' sign and a black car came rolling up. It was quite quick actually, I'm surprised taxis come here often it doesn't really seem that busy. The driver rolled down his window, "Miss Violet?" he asked as he peered up to look at me. A shiver went down my spine, how did he know my name? "The Academy's Headmaster sent me to collect you." he reassured me and i blew a sigh of relief. I clicked open the back door and slid into a seat. "You've arrived precisely on time." he mused "Lunch. The best time of the day." I smiled at his humour, it was reassuring. I hope everyone else at school is as nice as the chauffeur. We arrived at a set of black iron gates and had to wait a moment before they opened. The Academy was beautiful. It was red bricked with Gothic gargoyles and statues on the roof and above the main doors was a stained glass window, a massive circular one. It was the same as the logo and the seal. A cross in a bed of roses with a crescent moon in the corner. The thorns wrapped around the cross keeping it in place. It was simple yet effective. As we reached the top of the drive the car stopped and the chauffeur got out and clicked my door open. "Thank you." I smiled as i got out and then turned to retrieve my suitcase. The man bowed then got back in the car and drove away. I stood there for a minute before hearing a bell ring. Masses of students came flooding out of the door all laughing and gossiping. Then they all froze as soon as they saw me. They're all wearing a different uniform. Am i at the wrong school? Oh god please tell me I'm not, i could feel my face heating up. A couple of them started approaching me but didn't talk to me just stood about a foot away and stared. One guy near the back chuckled and came forward. "Everyone was saying you were gonna be an ugly witch!" his laughing had quite a nice ring to it. Wait, witch? Was that an insult? He stopped laughing when he saw my confused expression and smiled sweetly "Your not though. Your beautiful. A Vampire." A Vampire? Perhaps that's what they call 'beautiful' humans around here. I didn't want to question it in case i looked stupid. He held out his hand "I'm Ryan Jakes. An angel. The pleasures all mine." I placed my hand in his and he kissed the top of it. Angel? Oh yes, Darcy said they were.. Different. "Thank you. I'm Violet Nightshade, both names like the flowers." I smiled.

"Wow she's beautiful when she smiles too" I heard a female's voice call out.

"Her hair is beautiful. Her blue eyes compliment the blackness." A male called this time, followed by a wolf whistle. "Oh my gosh she might end up with one of the princes!" An excited voice called followed by loads of discussion. Princes? I looked around to see everyone had turned to their friends, apparently discussing me and the 'Princes'. Ryan bent his head down slightly to look up at my face. He smiled that sweet smile again. His hair was a mousy colour, it was straight and was layered so that by the time it got to his neck it started to stick out a bit. His eyes were a greeny/brown almost like an unripened hazelnut. "Come on. I'll show you around." He stood up straight and gestured to my arm. I looked down at my arm and then at him "What's wrong?" I asked and to that he sighed and playfully rolled his eyes. He linked his arm with mine "How's that mi'lady?" He smiled. I could feel my face break into a smile. So far I'm starting to enjoy this school, but this is only start. I still haven't met my roommate or my class mates and something tells my Ryan isn't going to be either. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered and i waited to be shown around the place i would be staying. Please, let nothing bad happen.