Carnal Reunion [Preview]

Prologue

Maruj Castle - 1313

The glowing torches scarcely illuminated the Chamber,casting frightening silhouettes across the rough walls that seemed to descend upwards into infinity. Silence. It was almost deafening as it threaded the large partially empty room, stilling every soul within its reach. The air stunk with wickedness and stale blood. Dread filled the room like a desolate fog,taking the bitter taste of violence with it. It was not the best of nights. In fact, it was the worst thus far. Hadaen glanced to his right, and then to his left where his two brothers sat high-and-mighty in their chairs. He knew what they were thinking. The art of reading minds was a talent his mother had given him at birth, only moments before the claws of death had dragged her from this life. That he could control, as itsmany perks often served him well. However, it was the darkness within him thatthreatened to resurface whenever he sawher.Swallowing hard, Hadaen shifted in his seat, frustration and impatience wearinghis senses thin. He had never before felt such a deep yearning in all histhirty years of existence. Sweat trickled slowly down his temples as his eyeslocked intensely with those of the woman standing firmly before them.

Thick tresses of raven hair fell to a stop at hershoulders, glistening with a blue hue under the heavy moon-casted spotlightthat fell around her. He wondered how she always managed to look even morebeautiful every time he saw her. A half smile curved Hadaen’s lips as his gaze travelledover the thin white linen dress that molded the soft curves he was desperate tosee. Small supple breasts peaked out from the low neckline as she stoodproudly, chin pointed outwards and her electric blue eyes giving no hint to hersoul. But Hadaen knew better. He could see deep into the trenches and crevicesof her mind.

She hated him.

Desire plunged through him like a poisoned dagger.He was desperate to have her whether she agreed to it or not. She did not havemuch of a choice in the matter. Stifling a groan, he attempted to settle theigniting need that was burning in his loins. He would have her and as soon as he declared that as such, he intendedon dragging her off to his bedchamber and plunging deep within her warmsensitive folds. Hadaen sniffed lightly as her subtle scent whiffed through theroom. A tremor ran a course through his body and his cock jumped to alert. Heswore beneath his breath. Damn it, man!Get yourself together before you come all over the damn place.

Suddenly picking back up on the route of hisbrothers’ thoughts, he cast both of them a dark glare, warning them away fromthe dark beauty. And just to his relief, Marza stepped proudly into the room.His eyes followed her for a brief moment until she stopped in front of thefruit of his lust. Marza was a beautiful woman; sweet hazel eyes and a peachycomplexion. But never Hadaen’s type; she wasn’t the woman a man could trust.She then delivered one of her trademark lusty smiles and spoke sweetly afterdelivering a cleavage-flaunting curtsey,

“You called for me, my lord?”

For a moment, the room fell quiet and Hadaen wasaware that they were watching him, waiting for him to speak. But instead, his attentionnever left the gorgeous woman who appeared to be staring daggers at him beneathhooded eyes. He smiled slowly and then responded in a cool calm voice. “Indeed,Marza.” Smoothing down the lapels of his long black overcoat, he widened hislegs just enough for the woman to notice the thick bulge in his pants. Marzagasped softly and then turned to look at the younger beauty behind her. Asnicker came from Gideon at his left, and Hadaen smiled. Faolan, on the otherhand, crossed his arms and smiled wickedly, obviously entranced by Marza’sbeauty.

A red hot blush flashed across her features when sheturned back around. “My-my lord, surely you can pick another. I have many otherwaiting—.”