From Afar

Everyday I'll stole a glance.

To see her. What she's been doing. How is she coping up. How she lives without me by her side.

We used to be the best of friends.
I was a transferee and she was there.

I didn't remember how we became friends but one day I realized she's close to my heart already.

"Lei! Tara kina Angie mamaya!" She said and then hug me ang gave me a kiss on the cheeks. She does that everytime. Even in the middle of the class. I'm not weirded by that though. She's just this sweet friend. I thought she's grumpy or something that's why I never talked to her. But one day magic came, then poof! We're friends.

I got trust issues. I don't socialize that much. I don't talk to strangers. I'm a freakin' shy. I got this motto that 'if you don't talk to me first so am I' kinda thing.

I don't consider everyone I know as a friend. I don't talk about my problems unless everybody knows it.

I put different things in their own boxes. If they don't belong they should be put where they actually belong.

Family issues are, and must stay inside our home. School issues should stay there too.
If I got problems with my friends it should stay within us.

Nothing comes out of their boxes or else its a catastrophe.

I got her by my side.

She made me feel loved.

Though I haven't give my trust to her yet. I see my self being with her everyday.

She's the sister I never had. Everybody's aware of what we have.

We're the best of friends. You can't see the other without the other. Side by side we walk together.

I had the picture of perfect friendship with her.

We're in a circle of friends but most of the time it's just me and her. Just us. Almost everytime.

I was so happy.

We've laughed together.

Partied together.

Ate together.

We do everything with each other. It's like you won't see me without her neither you'll see her without me.

But fate has other plans for the both of us.

One day. "Lei..." Lea approached me while we're preparing for the shooting for today. We're working on a project. I am directing it. And it sucks of course. All the burden's on my shoulder.

"Bakit?" I asked out of curiousity. "Hindi ko kasi alam kung pano sasabihin to... Kasi ano ehh. Si Nadine kasi may sinasabi tungkol sayo." That was her words. Of course I'll believe her she's my friend. She's been with us a quite time now.

"Oh? Ano naman?" I stay still, waiting for her to answer. We have to get ready but she got my interest so screw everything. "Wala ka yata nun. Sabi niya kase. 'Nakakainis naman kasi si Lei ehh. Alam niyang wala ng masyadong oras tapos mawawala pa siya. Ako na ang gumagawa lahat eh' ayun yung sabi niya. Di na nga lang ako nag react ehh." I was slowly absorbing everything she just said. But after I recovered.

"Wow ha. Wala nga siyang ginagawa masyado ehh. Nag vivideo lang naman siya ako nga. Gumagawa pa ng script minsan ako na din nag vivideo tapos ako pa namomoblema utusan ang gumagawa ng costume at props. Tapos ako pa nagsasaway. Direktor ako kaya all around. Pero mas mataas ang posisyon niya dapat siya ang nagaasikaso ng mga ginagawa ko."