The Dare Book

A new idea I go the other day. Going to do maybe two or so chapters and see how it goes from there and if it does good then I'll keep on working on it. But if it doesn't work out so well I have a friend that wants to use the idea of the story. So, I'll either be working on this or my friend will. We'll see how it goes. Vote, Comment, and share. I want to know what you all think. Thanks.

Am I the only one that thought it was okay to do what a book told me to do? Is it wrong of me to look forward to the next "dare" no matter how crazy they get or how stupid they get? Okay, so part of the reason I do this crap is because I have enough crap I don't want to deal with and these so called dares help me forget about it all for at least a few hours.

Maybe if you knew my background story you might understand me some. My mom died from cancer a few years back and left my dad heart broken, me left to care for my 10 year old brother and have to deal with my last year of high school. Right now college isn't even an option. Not when my dad is a mechanic and I don't have time for a part time job. Dad is actually okay with me not having a job surprisingly. He told me once that I had to grow up too fast and he wanted me to enjoy my free time just a little bit longer. 

Just because I don't have to have a job doesn't mean I don't work. I have a part time job for spend money even though Dad wouldn't mind handing over $20 ever other week. We don't have that much money and I don't want to look like that one kid who takes and takes money when we barely have enough to get by. 

My friends are always saying that I'm lucky that my Dad isn't making me work, but they don't get it. It's nothing special since I feel bad most of the time sitting around the house while my dad is working 32 hours a week. Sky somewhat understands me. We have been friends since 5th grade and she knew how close I was to my Mom and understands why I feel like I need a job.

"Sky, all I am doing is walking dogs. It's not a full time job and I'm still able to have a normal life," I had explained to her and my dad more than once. $20 every two weeks won't take care of my book cravings. Renting them isn't good enough for me, I have to have my own copy and I go through just about 5 books each week. Which brings me back to the book that tells me what to do.

That is why I am currently standing on the beach at midnight watching sea turtles hatching. Even though I had to be up and ready in five hours to take Allen, my little brother, to school. It was like the book was holding a gun to my head and was making me watch the little hundred of sea turtles run for their life as fast as possible. 

It was hard to just stand there and not scare off the birds as they flew in to grab a little one, but it was all part of the process. As you watch the little ones run for their life how do you feel just sitting there? the person had written in the book. To me this is the most emotional thing they could have made me done. Whenever I see someone or an animal suffering I always help but I can't this one time.

Why didn't they just make me go to Jacksonville and make me go to the MOSH museum while a group of 1st graders where there and made me look for a note? Maybe they would know I would get carried away looking at everything there since I have never been in the place. Does this guy even know me?

So... am I the only one who thought it was okay to listen to a book that told me to drive up to the Florida/Georgia line so that I could say I have been to two place at once? I would say it's okay but of curse I did it at like 2 in the morning and the person who wrote the dare could be hiding in the bushes waiting for me to show up and kill me.

Well, Mr. Tough Guy since I can't do anything to help them this has been the most emotional thing I have ever done since my mom passed away a few years back. Watching as only about a small hand full actually make it to the ocean and then have to keep on fighting for their life once they get to the water, hurts me so much inside. I just want to run onto the beach and stop the birds and tell them to buzz off and leave the little ones alone.

It's like watching a program on foster kids and the crap they go through at some of the homes they stay in. The other kids have to sit there and watch as another kid gets hit for something and if they try to stand up to the grown up they are next so they don't do anything to stop them. Then for the rest of their time in the Foster Care system they have to fight to stay alive and not end up getting killed.

Or it's like walking in Downtown Jacksonville and seeing all the homeless people and not doing anything about it. Not handing out food or drinks or warm blankets. We just keep walking along and not pay any attention to them. But when we are at church all they talk about is treating others the way we wanted to be treated and yet I have never seen anyone from church do something nice for a homeless person unless they are doing it to make the church (or themselves) look good.

The next time you make me do something like this you will be sorry, I wrote after a short break and signed it with a little drawing of an owl and closed the book as I stood up to leave.

"Lizz?" a voice said from behind me, a voice that I knew and thought I had heard the last of.