Chapter 1

“Harry! C’mon mate we’re going to miss the concert!”

“I’m coming!”

After another look in the mirror I grab my hoodie and rush down the stairs to meet an impatient Will.

“It’s starting in thirty minutes! Unless you want to watch The Script from behind the gates then we have to get going.” Will rushes while grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the door.

“Wait, first I have to tell my mum that we’re going” I say before going to the living room.

She’s sat on the couch watching the eight o’clock news. “Mum we’re leaving to the concert and we’ll be back at twelve”

“Okay, but be careful and come straight home when it’s finished.” She says before getting up and hugging me tightly. “Oh harry how you’ve grown. Going alone to your first concert”

“Mum” I whine “I’m coming back in a few hours and I’m not going alone; I’m going with Will” she turns to look at him and he gives her a wide grin.

“Okay okay have fun” she says before giving me a quick peck on my forehead.

“I will!” I assure her and run out the door with Will hot on my heels.

“It’s so crowded in here” I say while trying to dodge the elbows threatening to hit me in the gut.

“Of course it’s crowded! It’s The Script! What did you expect?”

I knew there was going to be people but I was not expecting the whole park to be filled with semi drunk young adults. The entrance age is eighteen but Will’s uncle knows a guy who knows a guy so we were able to get inside.

“I should’ve gotten Amy with us she would’ve had a good—“ he’s interrupted by the music starting and I silently thank The Script because Will always gets soppy when talking about his girlfriend.

After four songs I start getting a little thirsty so I decide to get something to drink from the snack stand a few meters behind the crowd. “I’m going to get a drink. Do you want me to get you anything?” I shout over the music. He shakes his head so I make my way through the dancing people.

“One coke please.” I say handing the man the money. He looks about twenty five and, judging by his red eyes, has had a couple drinks himself.

“Hey Steve, give me a cold beer” I turn around to see a guy about my age handing the man—Steve I guess—a bill. He has feathery brown hair swept across his forehead and is wearing a Jack Wills hoodie similar to mine. His eyes are a bright shade of blue and I don’t notice myself staring until he raises his eyebrow at me and I look away with bright red cheeks.

“Here you go, mate.” Steve says placing the can in front of me before turning to the other boy and giving him a cold beer bottle.

“So, Louis, how’s summer been so far? Haven’t seen you here for a while,” Steve asks the boy as I take out my phone to reply to a text message I didn’t receive.

“It’s been fun,” Louis simply states and takes a swig at his beer. I wonder how old he his. He must be eighteen or older if he was allowed entrance. Maybe he had connections too. Has he had a good time this summer? How could he not? He seems like a nice guy with those kind eyes and that smile--

“You need anything else?” I snap my head back towards the two guys. Despite the dim light coming from the stage I can see that they’re annoyed.

“I… no I’m good” I stutter as I hastily take my coke can and leave.

“What took you so long?” Will asks me once I take my place beside him.

“The line was long” I state and turn my attention to the music before he can ask me anything else.