LOST SOUL

When my eyes opened, a body was lying beside me. I hurriedly stood up and stared at it. The body was a girl.  She had snow-white skin and long, straight, black hair. She seemed to be lying so peacefully. I stared at her face some more, then it struck me. I was staring at my own body. I trembled in fear when I took my eyes off her face and stared at the lower part of her body. She had blood all over her white dress.  My eyes were filled with shock, I cried then fell on my knees. I searched the place, and was surprised to see that I’m in an open field. Not just and ordinary field, but a dry one. It was too eerie, and I feel nothing but fear. I slowly turned my eyes back to the body I saw, hoping that it was gone, and that I was just over thinking. But again, I shrieked when I saw my lifeless shell. I’m lost, in the world of the unknown and what fears me the most, is that I’m alone, alone with my dead body covered with blood. 

I sat and hugged my legs and tried to think. I tried to remember anything, just anything that could help me figure out what was going on. I closed my eyes, and continued to shed tears as I recalled my past.

“You’re such a bitch! Get lost!” Amanda, the school’s queen bee yelled and pushed me to the ground. I stared at her and tried to hold my tears. When she got out of the rest room, I stood up and stared the mirror. Amanda, she’s the real bitch. She breaks up with a guy then after a few days she’s got another one, and that happens again and again. I never did anything wrong with her, except for the fact that the new guy at school is my boyfriend and not hers. 

After a while, I went out and headed towards my classroom. The door was closed. I presumed I came early. I peeped through the window to see if someone’s inside. To my surprise, I saw my best friend kissing my boyfriend. Tears fell from my eyes. I opened the door and stared at them. I knew my eyes were declaring war. They both looked at me with shocked faces. Marcus walked up to me and said, “Babe… babe it was…” I cut him off by slapping him on his cheek. Cathy came to us and slapped me back. With total shock, I turned to her. “Hey! How dare you slap my guy? I’m sorry bestie, I’m a good kisser than you. Get lost.” After she said that, I ran out of the room. I ended up at the far end of the corridor, there I cried so hard that I could no longer breathe. Then a guy came up to me and handed me a handkerchief. I turned to him and it was Mike, my lab partner, and the school’s heartthrob. He was the only person who showed me kindness, well, he my boyfriend and Cathy. He was also a childhood friend. We used to be so close but he got into sports, and I focused on my studies. He stared at me with a face that was full of concern. Then his guy friends yelled, “Hey leave that geek alone. It’s a waste of time! Tell her to get lost!” Then they all laughed. But Mike said, in such a gentle voice, “Just take this.” He took my hand and gave the handkerchief and then left.

I cried some more. I’ve had enough of this day that I decided to go home. As soon as I entered the house, my dad slammed the book he was holding. He stared at me with such angry eyes. “Hey useless brat! I’ve been waiting here! Where’s your freaking mom? I’m starving!”

I placed my things at the table then said something I know I shouldn’t have, “You could’ve have cooked your own food.”

He came up to me and slapped me so hard that I fell to the floor. I can feel my face numb. He took my arm and gave me another slap. This time I cried so hard and tried to fight back, but he was too strong. Just as he was about to punch me, my mom arrived and pulled me away from my father’s grip.

“Oh! You’re here!” My father said and grabbed my mom’s arm. He mercilessly punched her at her stomach. My father took the knife at the top of the table and stabbed my mom at her side, twice. My mom fell to ground. She was unconscious. I tried waking her up but she won’t. She was dead.

Dad pointed the knife at me and said, “Clean this mess.” He put the knife down and started walking away. My mind thought nothing but avenge my mother’s death. I took the knife, walked up to my father and stabbed him at the back. He fell to the ground. I showed him no mercy when I stabbed him again and again. “This is for your cruelty for the past 16 years! This one’s for molesting me thrice! This is for being such beast! This is for killing mom!”

I walked up to my room, still holding the knife. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was covered with blood. My face turned red, and my body was aching. Even my eyes turned red. This day, I’ve had enough. Bullies, Betrayals, Abuses, I want all of them to stop. I want my life to stop. At that instance I stabbed myself and fell to the floor. I cried, but a curve called smile soon formed on my face as I thought, “It’s all gone. They’re all gone. The ones who bully others, the rich girls who think they’re queens, the bitches who act innocent, the guys that are never contented with one girl, the abusive father, and then… “ I cried some more. My face turned to a face of deep sorrow. “… even the kind, happy, smart and care-free me. It’s all gone. I’m gone. All the villains in my life are gone.”

I finally opened my eyes, walked up to my body and embraced it. The villains are gone, and so am I. I cried again then closed my eyes and laid beside my body. Now, this is the end of my story.

………………………………………………….

I was awakened by the loud knock on my door. “Sweetie, wake up. Your dad will arrive soon. We have to make breakfast or else he’ll get mad.” I heard my mom’s voice. Instead of getting up, I stared at the ceiling. Tears fell from my eyes as I thought, “…it was a dream. So this isn’t the end after all. The villains aren’t gone yet.”