Chapter 1

The neighbours bathroom door creaked open again. The clock ticked and car tyres screech against the road. In frustration I dug my head as deep into my pillow as I could. The sound was causing me a deafening pain and i grit my teeth, trying my best to ignore it. Suddenly I could hear low hushed chatter creep up into my head and remote control bottoms being clicked. The sounds were strengthening. I debated on ignoring it and trying to handle it by myself this time. Alex always had to calm me but I snapped when I could barely hear myself think and my head felt dizzy. I couldn't handle the pain any longer.

"Alex!" I screeched, sitting up on my bed. I firmly pressed my palms against my ears trying to calm them down as I hear his footsteps grow nearer. I suddenly felt his arms wrap around me tightly
"Shh you're okay, calm down, I'm here"
His voice is so intensified that I scream into his chest. I can't take this pain, It felt stronger tonight and I knew I was going to fall unconscious if i didn't calm myself.
I felt him lift me onto his lap and embrace me tighter, his hands soothingly running circles in the small of my back.
"You're going to be okay I promise just take deep breaths with me to slow your breathing down"
I feel his chest rise up and back down in slow rhythmic paces and i begin to closely listen to the sound of his heartbeat. I gripped his shirt in my hand and started to breathe in sync with him and after a short moment I notice the sounds stopped and I couldn't hear anything anymore.I stay in his arms a few minutes longer, relishing the peace and quiet. 

This condition I had was one that even specialist medical practitioners couldn't diagnose. Most people would say I'm crazy and some people, people like Alex my husband believe it to be a gift if I was able to control the different noises I hear.