I'm in love with my guitar

"Emilia, get your pretty little butt downstairs or I'll come and make you ! "

"Alright, Alright! Jeez, why do you have to scream this loud at only 7.20 in the morning woman ?!?! " There was absolutely no reason for screaming in the morning. Especially not on a monday morning.

I ran down as fast as I could, almost tripping over my feet, as my mother greeted me with her loving smile.

"Because there is no other way to get you downstairs. What took you so long? It wasn't your hair or makeup, for sure."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, thanks for the compliment, dearest mother of mine. You look pretty too."

She laughed and shook her head. "That's not what I meant, stupid. I'm just asking myself why you always seem to have trouble with being on time, since you're barely wearing any make-up, and your hair is in a ponytail" She explained while packing her keys and phone into her bag.

"I don't know. I think I just want to enjoy my freedom as long as I can" I said while putting my fist up.

She rolled her eyes. "Let's go, you prisoner"

We got into the car and i put on the radio on my favourite station as I thought about my song, and that hopefully, one day it will be played on the radio just like Adele's was right now.

We got to my school too soon, I kissed my mother on the cheek and got out. Even though I love my mother to death, I cannot wait to take the test to get my license. Only two more weeks and I would have my own car and I could sing in it as loud as i wanted. I know, I'm weird.

As I entered the school, which was pretty empty - damn you mother, I could have enjoyed my freedom a little longer!! - I scanned the hall for my best friend Julia as I walked to my locker.

Just when I wanted to give up, I spotted her flirting with Tyler, her newest crush. But, being my best friend, as soon as she saw me she ran to me immediately. I smiled and gave her a hug. "Hey, what's up?"

"Oh my god Emma, Tyler is just the sweetest guy on earth! I. love. him!!"

Ah, there we go, round one, rambling over his cuteness and how much we loved him. That's my Julia. We walked to our class while she told me about her date with Tyler as I just nodded and played the song in my head. Over and over again. It is almost perfect. But there is one thing missing. And I can't think what. It's been already three weeks and it's driving me crazy. Just one little thing. So again:

"Nobody ever cared as much for me,

nobody’s touched my heart and healed my pain

you’ve picked up the pieces

and put me back together again ... "

" Emma?! Emma! Are you listening? Oh my god watch o-"

Too late. My head already met what felt like a rock and I fell down like a sack of potatoes. When I looked up, feeling drunk I saw two pairs of eyes looking at me. One of them was familiar. It was Julias. But the other one. Oh. No. Not him. Not this guy. Please not.

Oh yes, definitely him.

"Hey, you alright?" His deep, rough voice asked filled with concerned as his forest green eyes stared at me.

"Uhm, yeah .. i guess. I'm sorry, I was kinda lost in my thoughts."

"Yeah, well I'm sorry too, I could have warned you."

"Oh, nevermind. Won't happen again. Promise." I smiled weakly as I tried to get up.

He held out his hand. I took it gratefully, as he pulled me up with his strength which almost caused me to fall down once again.