Chapter 9

"I'm so nervous," I whined to Erika, Fiona, and Lidia. We were all sitting in my room and they were helping me pack for a weeklong trip to Wolverhampton. As soon as Modest found out that Mrs. Payne wanted to meet me they rearranged the schedule so that Liam had a week completely off so he could take me up there. We'd be driving so we could avoid all the fans and paps who thought we'd be flying. I was not looking forward to being stuck in a car with Liam for 2 ½ hours barring any traffic. I was also really nervous about meeting his parents and sisters.

"He had to meet James," Fiona said.

"Yeah I know but that was one family member. I have to meet his mum, dad, and two older sisters in addition to any other family that may drop by while we're up there," I explained, lying back on my bed. Erika was going through my closet while Fiona sat on my floor, braiding Lidia's hair. Erika had become a permanent fixture in our little group now and was over all the time.

"Here, pack this," Eriks said, tossing me the shirt she had stolen from Liam's closet.

"Oh I have to give this back to Liam since someone stole it from him and gave it to me."

"You just want to see him wearing it again," Erika teased and I rolled my eyes. "How many shirts do you have over there?" I counted them quickly.

"Not counting Liam's I have six. I need one more plus something to wear for the ride up," I replied, grabbing my phone from my bedside table. Surprisingly, I had a text from Liam.

Do you still have my one shirt? -Liam

Yeah I'm bringing it so I can give it back sorry I keep forgetting it -Kristin

Thanks don't forget I'm picking you up at 9 so we can get there by lunch -Liam

Fine with me see you then -Kristin

"Liam?" Lidia asked.

"How'd you know?"

"You got this half smile/ half frown like you always do when he texts or calls," she explained and I nodded.

"Yeah he was asking about his shirt and reminding me that he was picking me up at 9 tomorrow morning." They all nodded and Erika through two more outfits over to me. I packed them, leaving the six shirts out. I walked over to the closet to help her match some pants or skirts. We ended up putting one shirt back because I decided I wanted to wear a dress when I met his family. At some point Fiona and Lidia left because they both had work. Modest had me quit my job and were giving me money for my part o the rent, utilities and groceries since in their words, "dating Liam is your job now Ms. Brigham,". I had scoffed at them but they also gave me money for clothes and paid my phone bill. Erika and I finally finished picking out my outfits for the week and I packed everything. I double checked that I had everything and then sat on my bed across from Erika who was sitting in my desk chair. "I really don't want to go Rika. Like more so than my nerves before the movie premiere a couple weeks ago."

"You'll be fine Kris. Karen and Geoff are great and really sweet. They'll love you boo," she comforted. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I was never this nervous meeting a boyfriend's parent's before what was wrong with me? Maybe it's because I'll be spending a week basically lying to his family right to their faces.

"What if they find out the truth later? They'll hate me."

"They'll understand that you had no choice but to lie to them. It isn't your fault you got forced into this."

"I know, I know," I replied, sighing. I fell back and groaned. After a few more hours Erika went home and I ordered Chinese food for dinner. I was eating my General Tso's chicken when there was a knock at the door. As soon as I opened my door I regretted it and tried to shut it. He stuck his hand out and held the door open. "What the fuck do you want Matt?" I asked, pissed off. This was the last thing I needed right now. He held up a magazine that had a picture of Liam and me on the cover. It was the night we met James and we were walking back to his car. My head was resting on Liam's shoulder as we walked. I had been really tired.