Chapter 1: A Plea For Help

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

A/N: IMPORTANT!!!

I have a few things I want to state about this fanfiction.

1: Bastion does NOT exist.

2: Atreyu does NOT exist.

3: Sarah will be taking BOTH of their places.

4: Sarah was fifteen during the events of Labyrinth. (She was fifteen in the old script and book, I believe. Also, In the movie, Sarah is sixteen, but her actress was fourteen. So, meeting in the middle, people.)

5: I have not yet read The Neverending Story written by Michael Ende, but I have bought it the other day and am in progress of reading it! :)

6: I shall be combining Neverending story and Neverending story II: The next chapter. Both shall take place at the same time.

Thank you for your consideration!
______________________________________________________________

"Goodbye, Sarah." The lumbering beast spoke lightly, and Sarah felt her heart clench with sadness. She had to get her brother back, so it could have not ended any other way, but that didn't stop the pain. She didn't want to say goodbye. She felt like she wasn't ready, but she knew the adventure she had taken had taught her many things. She matured and became a better person along the way, thanks to them.

"And remember, fair maiden, should you ever need us...", Sir Didymus began kindly and confidently, and Hoggle joined in, appearing in the mirror behind her.

"Yes, should you ever need us...", Hoggle's blue eyes twinkled as a sad smile broke across his Dwarven features, "...for any reason at all..."

Tears filled Sarah's eyes as she looked down in thought. She has never felt "ordinary". She's never fit in, and none of her friends in school were truly her "friends". She has always longed for magic to take her from a world that wasn't meant for her, but when magic has taken her from a world that was.... Sarah had to stop herself from crying.

Her gaze fell upon the various items in her room. It was obvious. None of it, none of them, were real. Everything she has gone through on her journey has been a representation of her inner-self. All the objects in her life have contributed to the images, places, and people she has met.

She understood it perfectly.

Then, why did hurt so much? Why was saying goodbye so hard?

"I... I need you, Hoggle."

"You... You do?"

Sarah nodded softly and sniffled. "I don't know why, but every now and again in my life, for no reason at all....", Sarah spoke happily through her tears, "I need you. All of you."

"Y-You do...?", he repeated, not believing his ears. Hoggle shook his head in a happy manner, before he lifted it back up. All it took was a bit of magic and they could visit her as much as they pleased. So, if the little lady needed them there, they would always heed her call. Hoggle had a feeling that by now, almost each of them would gladly die for her. He laughed slightly at that thought. 'Jareth at least got that part right. She would have made us a hell of a Queen.'

Hoggle grinned, moving forward and opening a portal to pass through the barrier that separated their worlds. "Well, why didn't you just say-" Hoggle words suddenly left him, as well as his smile. His breath caught in his throat as his whole body locked up.