A Smile Can Change Everything

I woke up to the sound of my little brother Jace tugging at the end of my duvet.

 Signalling that he wants to get in the bed beside me. I yawned as I pulled the duvet over and let him snuggle into the warm comfy sheets. He may be only four but I think he's the best thing that ever happened to me. I still remember the day when my Mom told me that she was expecting.

 I was ten years old and I came home from basketball practice as usual. I was going to get my school bag to do some maths homework that I had to do for my old teacher Ms.Rainey until my Mom called me inside. She told me to sit down and I did as I was told I always remembering having the weirdest feeling as If what she was going to tell me was something bad. She sat there fidgeting with her hands and looking as if she didn't want to be here right now.

But then she finally spoke.

"I'm pregnant" she said with a faint smile.

"Your going to be a big sister"

I just stood there emotionless I was happy enough being an only child I didn't want some "thing" to come along and wreck it. It just wasn't fair.

"Why" I said after getting over the shock.

"Well it wasn't exactly planned it just well happened I guess..."

She replied trying not to make eye contact. She knew I was hurt. She knew I didn't want her to have the baby.

I sighed .

" So whose the daddy?" I asked. Hoping it wasn't his.

"Don't be silly Macy you know its has to be George's" She snapped back at me. George god I hate him. Well I don't really hate hate him. It's just that he's my Mums boyfriend. Also my english teacher. They met in one of my parent teacher meetings. Ironic isn't it?. I knew my Mum fancied him ages and she loved it when I got in trouble in english so she would get to see him. He's around 6 foot three blond hair blue crystal eyes and the complexion of a so called angel as my Mum says. I don't really hate him its just the thought of him replacing my Dad that made me sick. Just because he's gone doesn't mean we just forget about him right?

Well after that I just walked to my room and did my maths homework. So to make things short nine months passed and my Mum had a baby boy weighing seven pounds fifteen named Jace and here he is four years later snuggled in my bed. I don't know what happened but in those four years I started to love him. I guess I felt I had to protect him being the big sister and all.

Ten Minutes later I turned around and saw Jace fast asleep with his yellow blanket. God he loves that thing. I bought him that for his third birthday and he hasn't let go of it since. I hope he's allowed to bring that thing to school with him when he starts in two months because the last time he lost that he had a major meltdown and wouldn't eat or drink for a week! Then twos days later Mum found it in her knicker draw. I do not want to know why it was doing in there.

I looked at my clock and saw that it was only half six in the mourning. I squirmed out of bed while trying to not wake up Jace. I decided to get ready for my last day of middle school. I couldn't wait to get to high school to meet new people and to see what the classes are like and basically to have a laugh there. But the only major down fall in this situation is that  two of my best friends aren't going to Lake Wood High. One of them moved to New York last week because her stupid father got a better job. Could he have not thought of it more carefully? Sure he got two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a month and they moved into a house the size of a palace. So what!

He Should've thought about what would happen to his daughters friends after the move. Some parents are just brainless and there goes my other best friend going to a complete different school in the total OPPOSITE direction of the city.