The Rubix Cube

"Fiddleford! Fiddleford, where are you?!"

He had to be at the dump, he had to! He wasn't at any other of either of their usual hang out spots. He wasn't answering his phone, either, so Bella had to search all over town to find him.

She carried her bag with her. It was filled with Beanie Boos, as per usual, but it also had something extra. A present she had for Fiddleford.

Eventually she found him working on something at his usual spot in the dump. He was so focused on his little project that he didn't even notice the girl sneaking up behind him.

"Boo!" She said loudly. Fiddleford screamed, jumping and dropping what he had been working on.

"Bella! How many times have Ah said to not scare me like that?" Fiddleford asked. Even though he was nearly 16 now, Fiddleford was just as jumpy as ever.

"Aw, sorry Fidds," Bella giggled, "It's just too fun! I finally learned how to sneak up and scare people. I might as well use it."

"Yes, well," Fiddleford cleaned off his glasses, "Was there something you needed, Bella?"

"Oh, right!" Bella smiled and pulled something out of her backpack. It was another bag, a blue grocery bag, "I got you something! I found it at a flea market yesterday, and I just knew you'd love it."

Fiddleford opened the bag, pulling out a scrambled Rubix Cube. Except it was different that most Rubix Cubes. It had hexagonal sides instead of plain 3x3 cube sides. Two more were in the bag: a pyramid one and a 5x5 Rubix Cube.

"Woah..." Fiddleford stared at the gift in amazement. He had always had an interest in Rubix Cubes, and was a natural at solving them, "This is incredible, Bella. Thank ye so much."

"Well of course! Anything for my best friend," Bella smiled, "I know how much you love those things- and these will be a whole new challenge!"

"It's the best gift I've ever gotten," Fiddleford smiled back, giving her a hug.