Lola's Secret #Wattys2014

Once upon a time, a couple was sitting on a bench in the grounds of their school - the boy was Elliot (who was 18 years of age) and the other was his girlfriend, Lola (just a little younger at the age of 17).

They had been together for six months, and over this period of time had grown very close to one another. Eli was a tall, muscular young man who played for the school's rugby team. Whereas Lola was a petite, timid creature with vibrant red hair. It was clear to anyone that they were very much in love.

But... Lola had a deep dark secret. 

Something she was afraid of revealing to the world in fear of it being too much for them to handle. Something she was afraid to even tell Eli about. Something she has kept hidden for a long, long time...

Shh...

The school bell had rang exactly two minutes beforehand, so Lola and Eli stood up off the bench and began making their way towards the school building, fingers intertwined as they walked hand in hand. They were late for class, and the hall was silent.

Lola made it to her locker first and began taking the correct books out. Unfortunately, Eli remembered he had a different class altogether in the next building, so he pecked her on the cheek goodbye and walked off. He hadn't made it very far before he realised that he had forgotten his books, after which he turned around and headed back towards his locker.

Meanwhile, with Eli gone and the school halls void of students, something was about to take place...

A greatly intense feeling began coiling up within Lola, a desperate feeling. Something that had never happened to her before in the school hall was about to unfold. Lola's body began to shake, she couldn't restrain her muscles from quivering. Why couldn't she control herself? Why was this happening now? She couldn't let anyone see her like this...

At that very second, Eli saw this happening as he approaches from around the corner. The sight shocked him and he gasped, then turned and sped away as fast as he could.

A moment later Lola was back to normal again, she looked around cautiously to see if anybody had witnessed her loss of control. Nobody was around still. She shrugged her shoulders and wandered off to her next class.

When the school bell rang again, signalling that classes had ended for the day, Lola and Eli walked towards the place they had arranged to meet up at.

When Eli noticed Lola approaching him, he grabbed her and led her over to a corner.

"I know why you love nuts." Eli proclaimed, squeezing her shoulder in an aid to comfort her, but she looked confused.

"What?" she asked, her eyes widening as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know why you can't see the colour red." he continued, gazing deeply into her hazel eyes.

"You d-do?" she stuttered as she began to tremble.

"Yes, Lola, I know what you are. But I still love you." Eli whispered, his face close to hers now.

"What am I?" Lola squeaked.

"A squirrel." he confessed with a small smile.

This is a short completed humorous story. Its not going to be a serious Novel or anything. 

If u read this far comment below saying "watermelons make awesome hats"