Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Kalifa Brown

MY WORKS ARE COPYRIGHTED Copyright © 2012 Michal Thomas

Any unauthorised broadcasting and or copying will constitute an infringement of copyright, and is punishable by law.

Chapter 1- Her Monotone Life Being Rocked

"Ughhh, life is so boring and monotone right about now”, Alexia said to her best friend Kristy as they sat down waiting for their lunch orders at Delmonica the upscale New York restaurant. “I want, no, no, no, I need the right man to spice it up girl, I just don’t know where I am gonna find him.”

“You need to stop with your complaining”, Kristy told her exasperated, “Your life is perfect! You have an amazing job, you own your own house and car, you are beyond beautiful and you got a body that has men drooling, you will find ‘Mr Right’ just give it time.”

You see Alexia Thomas comes from the Caribbean island of Trinidad & Tobago; she is a mere 5’3, chocolate brown in colour and was blessed with green eyes from her American father, curves in all the right place and a toned body due to her going to the gym every possible day she can. She grew up in the islands but she moved to New York at the age of 18 years when she was accepted into New York Law School on a full scholarship. Straight out college she started work at one of the most prestigious law offices in New York, Romano & Costa. At her current age of twenty-six Alexia is the only female partner in the office and damn proud of it. Her best friend Kristy Brown is from Trinidad & Tobago also, they grew up together, Alexia and Kristy are basically the same physically, Kristy is probably about an inch or two taller and never lets Alexia forget it and she has hazel brown eyes and she is fair skinned. Both girls are just 2 weeks apart, with Kristy being the older one.

“I know, I know but all that is nothing when I have no one to share it with, and I know you feel the same way Kris” Alexia was cut short when the extremely HOT waiter came to drop off their orders. Her mind went off-track when she saw his sultry grey eyes, his very kissable lips and what looked like a decent six pack under his work shirt. She started to fantasize about him stripping off her clothes and using his tongue to taste every part of her, as he was about to eat her, she hears someone calling her name from a distance.

“Alex! Alex! Alex!”, Kristy calls her at the same time snapping her fingers to get her best friend’s attention.

Alexia jerks out of her daydream disoriented and stuttering. “Huh? What?”

“Where were you? Been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes,” Kristy looks at Alexia like she has gone mad.

“Oh, just fantasizing about that sexy waiter……with me……on a bed……you know the usual” Alexia says jokingly.

“Hahahahahahahahaha,” Kristy had to laugh, “you my dear friend need to be laid good and proper”.

Alexia smiles “I know right”.

They both continue their lunch talking about the week they both had with work and their crazy families. At the end of lunch both girls make arrangement for their next lunch date the following week, hug and then rush off to their cars and to their respective offices.

Stepping out of the elevator into her cool office building, Alexia notices that everyone seems to be rushing to do something, not that it is not always so, but today they seem to be doing it even more so. She shrugs her shoulders and continues towards her corner office to start the paperwork needed for one of her recent clients.