Sweet Torture (Hiei Oneshot)

“God, why does he have to walk so fast?” I mumbled to myself, following the extremely gorgeous demon from a good hundred meters. It was getting dark and from my peripheral vision I could see the red sky of the Demon World becoming a dark burgundy and the deep aubergine coloured clouds merging into the deep geranium sky forming an infinite labyrinth of inkiness which made my eyes hard to focus at the task at hand. The air was getting colder and I shivered involuntarily. The man I was following paused and I immediately stopped too. His dark silhouette stiffened and I knew I was found out. At a blink of an eye the demon vanished only to appear in front of me.

My eyes widened as my eyes met the cold scarlet eyes of the man I was following. My pounding heart leaped into my throat and I was sure the entire population could hear the frantic beat of my heart. He arched one perfect eyebrow up as he waited for my response. Instead of giving him a response what does my stupid self do? Admire every centimetre of his gorgeous face. His exquisite eyes were framed by long dark thick luscious lashes and his eyes were the reddest red I had ever seen. They didn't seem solid. No, in fact they looked like liquid ruby gems glittering against the claret sky set in an extremely smooth complexioned angular face. His nose was aquiline giving him a look of absolute aristocracy and his ebony gravity defying hair seemed like thick tufts of black silk. His lovely mouth was pulled back into a snarl exposing rows of pearl ivory teeth. On the whole his appearance had an aura of complete royalty and forbiddance almost like he was too magnificent to be spotted among the vicinity. He looked like a dark brooding angel and my God was he utterly beautiful. His eyes twitched and then narrowed and immediately I knew that he had read my thoughts. My cheeks turned cherry and I ducked my head in embarrassment.   

“Why are you following me, woman?” He asked bluntly his deep voice seemed like music to my ears, snapping me from my humiliated state. “Oh me? Ahhh, uh, well you know..hehe..because..um .I haven’t. .ya  know..” I trailed stupidly. I swear I made Kuwabara seem like he was Albert Einstein at the moment. His face still looked unimpressed and if anything his scowl deepened. “Go back.” Was all his wonderful voice said and he disappeared from my view. And of course being the extremely obedient person that I am, I stayed where I was.       

  ----- 

 As I was wandering about Demon World, positively lost, I heard something. Or rather some people. I could hear the clash of their weapons which were probably swords. “You are going to die you know” came an extremely annoying voice cutting through the clash of the swords. I heard a growl and then utter silence. Pit.Pat.Pit.Pat. I deciphered the sound of retreating footsteps and I moved closer to the area where the battle was conducted after a few moments. What I found broke my heart. Actually, it shattered my entire self. I felt my blood grow cold and time stop as my eyes trained on the dark broken form  lying in a pool of blood. Gashes, bruises, cuts and tears infested every visible crevice of the person’s skin. “HIEI” I screamed making a mad dash to where the hunched form was lying. Tears were filling my eyes and as I looked at his wonderful face, scared and battered and yet incredibly resplendent I knew.

 I knew how much I liked him.

 I knew how much I wanted him.

And I knew how much I needed him.

Needed him breathing. Needed him glaring at me. Needed him replying with his snarky comments to Kuwaraba’s stupidity. Needed him being everything that he is. Needed him being alive.

“Don’t. Please. I'm begging you. Don’t die. You can’t..don’t leave me..please..don’t you dare..” I choked out. I was sure I was going to lose my mind. Lose every shred of my sanity. I felt immense pain in my heart. Every fibre of my body was on fire and every muscle in my body was getting slowly ripped and sobs racked through my body as I tried to take gulps of oxygen and force it down my system. I sobbed cradling his splintered form close to my heart. I felt helpless and I kept brushing his thick satiny hair crying uselessly. Open your eyes. I pleaded mentally. I was praying to every God, every being, every force out there just to have the beautiful demon in my arms open his marvellous eyes. His eyes. His astounding eyes were the eyes that melted my heart and it was the same eyes that could break my heart. And now him not opening his eyes was just hurting me. The pain was too much to bear. If this was a physical pain I knew I could bear it but the sight of Hiei’s form was hurting me from inside of my heart and I couldn't take it. I didn't know anyone. I didn't know anything. I was in a foreign land with the only person I know who could possibly be dead. I cradled his form closer to me trying to pick him up but unfortunately Hiei was stronger, heavier and not to mention taller than me. I only came till his nose and I couldn’t carry him without toppling over resulting in inflicting more pain to his already damaged form.