Chapter 1: The Arriving

Imagine yourself standing on the shore of beautiful California, water of the great pacific ocean rinsing your feet, the wind lightly blowing your hair with the sound in your ears of waves washing the coast, sky clearly blue without a cloud ahead and behind you a wonderful beach house which you share with your crazy and unpredictable aunt. Could you leave such a beautiful place on your own will? That was exactly what Abby was doing.

Abigail Blackwell’s parents were dead and now all she had her careless aunty Annabelle Reinhart here in California and long-time forgotten Uncle Thomas Reinhart at North Carolina. At this moment all that Abby’s heart wanted was to stay where the sun shines every day but every nerve, cellular, bone, every cell and every inch of her body were curious to go across the country to the other side of United States just to try to live a normal life with her uncle.

All this time after her parents death Abby lived with her aunt. The thing that made Abby, Anna and Tom different was that they were vampires. That was the only thing that helped them survive the fire in which Abby’s parents died. After her transformation aunt Anna chose the easier way – she simply followed her instincts and enjoyed the eternity. Abby lived with Anna only because she’s a female. That was only because she thought that for a girl it will be easier to live with a person who reminds her of her mother. Different from Anna her Uncle Tom went the hard way – he decided to fit in with humans.

While living with Anna Abby learned how fun and fascinating vampire's life can be. All the tricks your body and mind can do – it’s close to magic. You can move faster than light when you want to, all the senses are ten times higher than human: you can sense or hear a certain person miles away. There are also tricks you can do with your mind: you can convince people for doing anything you want, charm them, and make them forget things or force to remember something – compelling their mind. If vampire spends more time on improving mind controlling he or she can learn to read other living creatures mind, see future by predicting what person is about to do and more beautiful things. You have to spend a lot of time on this if you want to master those skills, not months, not even years – more like decades. Neither Abby nor Anna or Tom is that skilled to do such things.

A big part of Abby was missing normal human life and she felt that Tom was offering something more close to being human than Anna did.

''Come on, let's go.  You don’t want to miss our flight, now do you?"

Anna was shouting from the porch of the back of their house. Abby then looked at the the enchanting view one last time that was in front of her . ''I’m coming! '' Abby yelled back at her aunt and went to the street of their house to help Anna put the luggage into the taxi.

The flight was extremely long through Abby’s eyes. As they got out of the plane Anna gave her niece a ‘Starbucks’ cup.

''Here, sip it. I see you’re little tired. '' Abby took a sip as she was told and on her surprise the liquid inside was nothing close to coffee – it was blood.

''Thank you, '' Abby murmured, ''but I don’t think that Tom will be happy about the fact that I feed on human flesh while trying to look like one. ''

''Well that’s why you have me. This can be our little secret. I mean what he won’t know won’t hurt him right? ''

Anna was always prepared no matter what. After Abby drank the last drop in the cup she threw it away at the nearest recycle bin.

Outside of the airport Anna and Abby were greeted by Tom. While Abby attacked her uncle with hugs Anna started to put bags into his car.

''Okay you two, break it up and help me here. Don’t forget you’re related. '' Anna stated a little bit upset and jealous for her brother not paying much attention to her.