Chapter 10 - Attack

[Mitch's POV]

"Murder?!" Alex exclaimed.

"The bike's out back. The break wire was cut, dude," I said.

"This... This is crazy..." Alex said, trying to take it all in.

"I know," I said. "But Annabeth is gonna help me."

"But important questions, Mitch. Who killed you? Why would they? What are they after??" Alex said.

He was right.

"Not to to mention that if they killed you.... They could be after Jo-"

"NO!!!!! NOT MY FAMILY!!!!!!!" I shouted.

"Mitch, calm down!!" Annabeth said. "We're gonna do wat we can to keep Jolie and Kenadee safe."

I relaxed a bit. "Should we tell the others??" Alex asked.

"No,  at least not yet. Until we know the identity murderer, then we can do something," Annabeth said.

"Jolie is out on vacation with Kenadee. They were driving out," Alex said worriedly.

"Relax. Its a busy road to her parents' house. I'm pretty sure that-"

I was interupted by a smashing window and various popping noises.

Gun shots.

"GET DOWN!!!" Alex shouted.

I got down on the ground, covering my head with my arsm (even if nothing was really going to hit me). Alex was shielding Annabeth as the gunshots continued.

It was then they stopped and i hear a tire screech and a car drive away.

I looked up, and was devastated to see the windown broken and the furtiture stuffing everywhere. Everything was damaged and bullet holes riddled the walls.

"Oh my god," Annabeth said in shock as her and Alex got up.

"Call police, Alex. Annie, call Jolie," i said. "Now."