Sixth

“And the sixth, is when you admit you may have fucked up a little.”

Selena welcomed the supportive hugs of the other designers who picked up a little on her hidden messages as she was gifted with the extra fundraising for her designs this year. Tyler gave her a big hug before asking her if it was okay for him to find Crystal, who he shyly fancied a lot. She told him to get it, a foreign action from her, considering she wasn’t one to say anything like that. Not that he minded, he just grinned widely and congratulated his boss once more before running off like a love struck boy. Selena watched the two unite as they both waved to her, motioning that they were going to sneak out, to which Selena gave her full permission.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Cara’s hands intertwined with Drew, her model, and she was confused at the interaction. Before she could think deeper, a tap on her shoulder made her turn around slowly, her eyes widening at the sight of the most beautiful person she has ever encountered in her whole life.

“Hey,” he stuffed his hands in his pockets as he gulped nervously, ensuring her she was not the only anxious one as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

“Hey,” she unconsciously fumbled with the right strap of her dress though there was no problem with it at all.

“Where’s your date?” he tried hard to fight the venom from seeking into his voice.

“He went to party with his most-likely girlfriend by the night,” she looked at him as she spoke carefully, “Why?”

“Wait, he’s not your boyfriend?”

“No. Tyler’s just a really good friend,” she smiled up at him, “He just agreed to escort me in so I wasn’t dateless.” As much as she would have reveled in making him jealous, she could never lie or manipulate Harry’s feelings like that.

“Oh,” a sudden wash of relief Harry didn’t even knew came over him as he let go the breath he was unaware of holding.

“Where’s your date?” her tone grew slightly playful, like her old good-intentioned teasing self.

“Off with her date,” he shrugged.

“Cara’s dating Drew?” she raised an eyebrow at the two in the corner, obviously incredibly happy to be with one another.

“Yeah,” he smiled before glancing at her sideways nonchalantly, trying to subtly observe the profile he couldn’t see for so long.

“Want to leave?” his deep husky voice brought memories of nostalgia and euphoria to her, as well as a calm wave of sadness of what she missed out on for the past 3 months and 12 days.

“Yeah,” she quietly and softly responded as she waved goodbye to the other attendees of the event as the two exit.

“Can I?” he whispered vulnerably in fear of rejection as soon as the not so cold air of Los Angeles hit them the minute they exited the building.

“Yeah,” she whispered just as equally weak back as the two hands found each other like old times.

“So, what good places are here?” Harry tilted his head to get a better sight on the brunette girl he desperately wanted to kiss at the moment.

“Don’t pretend you’ve never been here, you goofball,” she rolled her eyes. It wasn’t a new place for either of them, but it seemed as if Harry was highlighting the fact that she’s been here longer, and without him.

“Your favorites may have changed,” he shrugged but continued to keep their fingers entwined.

“Does your model body mind getting a double double cheeseburger in?” she smirked as he knew exactly what she wanted.

After eating outside of In-N-Out and watching the cars order from the drive-thru, the two somehow found their way back at Selena’s apartment.

“I’m going to change real quick,” she informed him as she slipped into the bathroom quickly exchanging her dress for an oversized t-shirt and floral printed sleep shorts. When she exited, she saw Harry awkwardly standing there before she rolled her eyes.

“You can sit down on the bed, you know?” she burst into giggles at the nicely dressed man who she used to share many days and nights with. He blushed like an innocent school boy and sat on the bed, denting the mattress as she joined his side.

“You’re wearing my shirt,” he noted as he looked at the white Rolling Stones shirt she adorned, the same one she wore the night before she left.

“Sorry, I kept it,” she looked away but he brought her attention back to him as his fingers went under her chin, tilting it to his face.

“Don’t be. I’m glad you have it,” he gently released his hold on her and folded his hands together, hard in thought.

“You can change into something more comfortable, if you want. I, uh, have more of your shirts…and boxers,” now she blushed as she tried to hide her face in her knees which she pulled up.

She didn’t know but a wide dimpled grin splayed itself over Harry’s face as he stood up and opened the drawer she indicated. Like her word, there were shirts of his that he recognized and boxers too; ones he had let her wore and let her keep. She saved every single article of clothing.

Looking back, he saw the embarrassed girl huddled on the bed and he couldn’t have felt happier than he had in the past 93 days. Without another word, he took off his suit jacket, loosened his tie, and unbuttoned his dress shirt, replacing his previous attire by throwing on a Packers jersey over his now bare chest. He turned around and unbuckled his formal belt, sliding down his trousers and changing into new boxers. When he was done, he left a slightly messy pile of his belongings on the floor, but it wasn’t his concern at the moment. After 93 fucking days, he was finally able to do this again. He walked over to the bed and wrapped his arms around her tightly, closing his eyes as the two rocked back and forth, both happy to be reunited.

“Let’s get under the covers,” she tugged on his wrist and he gladly obliged, the two slipping under the warm comforts of her blanket. He kept his arms wrapped around her waist as he treasured her scent that he couldn’t smell for so long minus the leftover aroma on his pillowcases.

“I’m so damn sorry for being a dick that night. I’m sorry I yelled at you. I’m sorry I didn’t think things through. I’m sorry I ruined our night. I’m so sorry for letting you go,” his words flooded out of his mouth, the words he wanted to tell her for so long but had no chance to communicate.

“I’m so sorry for going,” she apologized as she nuzzled deeper into his hold.

“I thought you were inconsiderate for trying to making me drop my life, but you, Selena, are my life.”

“Harry,” she softly rubbed his arm.

“I love you, truly, madly, deeply, love you.”

“I love you so much too, and that’s why I’m going to move back to London.”

“What?”

“I’m giving my job to Tyler. And, I’m going to solely work in my old office,” she smiled up at him as he smiled.

“So, does this mean I can unpack the cardboard boxes I was about to ship over here?”

“Yes, Harry,” she couldn’t stop smiling at the fact he was going to move over for her. Leaning up, she kissed him as he held her closer where the two were later consumed in tranquil sleep.

The End.