Chapter 29

Ivan POV

Call me as the coward person I don't care. I admitted that I currently in brooding gloomy mood and as well hiding from my mate's eyes. Nobody knows what I feel right now and I refuse people pity eyes upon my stupidity decision.

So far, I can manage everything in a calm and collected manner. I ignore the stabbing pain as I deliberately busy my ass off in the pack's paperwork and business affair. With the current terrible situation involves the fucking rogues and hunters.

I don't know why the worst nemesis can work together. Ralph had given me an assurance that he has stationed warriors around Northern Lake Pack borderline. The present chaos had successful divert my attention from thinking about him.

I can't forever dwell in an endless misery of losing mate. It just bothers me why he still delays to proceed the breaking ritual. It is not good for him or me to continuously holding by unrequited bond. He had stated it clearly that he never wanted anything related to me.

I really thankful to my parents, Terrance and Kai. They always stand by side in the darkness moment. The relation between Kai and me also improved in better ways. I learn that his mate also founder to an illegal organization that just recently became legal.

That is why he could provide all the supporters from different races just in one week. Hell, the vampire king also was his twin brother. That just solid our strategies to counter with current issue. I stretched my limb and decided to run across the border, to release the pent up stress.

I jump from office balcony and shift in mid ways, grinned to pups who near the landing ground. I give the control to Cedric to run as he free. He is going to our secret spot, the spot we intended to share with our lost mate. However, the wished just buried into nothingness.

A snapping branch makes us become alert. Cedric crouched down behind the nearest bush, waiting the culprit to show itself. The small group of three wild pups concealed. The white pup's fur had a blob of bloods.

Trots slowly to their small group, two of the male pup barks loudly upon seeing me. I can see theirs frightened and shaking stand. I bare my neck in order to get their trust. The white pup run and nuzzles on my legs.

Their whole pack had been slaughtered - Cedric told me. A surging rages coming from my inner soul.

Where? - The pups bark and show us their family.

I can feel their sadness, anger, and scared mixed deep in their mind. The pups nuzzled their lifeless parents and siblings. I sniffle around and found an arrow with mixed poison wolf bane in one of lifeless bodies. Cedric can't restrain his anger leaks out the most feral howls. The howls have made the pack's warriors and Terrance came to my site immediately.

"What happen? Bloody shit!" Terrance shocked by the bloody sight surrounded the area. "This is our territory, who is the fucking hell dared to intrude? Killing the innocence wild pack just for fun?"

The pups become more frightened when spots the group of human, panics and tries to hide behind my back. I stayed in the wolf form to easy their wariness.

That is what I wanted to know. What the hell the patrol team doing to allow the intruder come this far? Are they fucking blind or indulged in orgy sex party to allow it. – I shout in mind link causes their ears flattened.

What if the one who laying lifeless there was pack's member? What excuse you want to present to small pups like them? – The shame was clearly shown on their faces.

I'll investigate it now, alpha. – Jeremiah replied in my mind and rushed to the southern guard post.

The warriors start digging the large grave to bury the fallen pack. The pups whine and whimper when the soils start covering their relative's body. Terrance takes them and embraces it in his chest. After that, we back to pack house. Terrance explained all the thing happened in there and forbade anyone going too far into the forest.