My Suicidal Friday

Start from the beginning

"Oh, um...Bully by Three Days Grace," I respond awkwardly.

He smiles at me and my hear almost stops. "Ah, good band."

I laugh. He sits down on the swing next to me, and begins to slowly pump his legs. I hand him one of my headphones. He grins and then takes it from me, being careful not to touch my hand.

He knows every word to it. His eyes light up, almost smiling themselves, as he sings.

Wow, I don't even know his name, but he is gorgeous. Wow, what I would do for him. But who is he, and why haven't I seen him around before? I wonder if he has a girlfriend--I stop. Gosh. I need to stop thinking like that.

"Do you have a name?" His voice makes my mouth water for him. It's beautiful. I watch the way his lips move when he talks. My golden hair shapes around my face and gets caught in my lip. He laughs and brushes it back, gently, for me. "Well?"

"Oh, right. Yeah, I'm Amberlin." But just now am I feel the searing heat on my lips, left from when he brushed my hair back. I touch my lips, with my finger, but he touches my hand and puts it back down to my lap. Seconds after, I feel the same burning heat.

It has to be him. I think as his face turns from beautiful to horrific.

"Did I do something?" he asks, worriedly.

"No," I lie. "What's your name?"

His face lights back up, to what it was when I first saw him. "Colton."

"Colton." The words fall restlessly out of my lips. "Why haven't I seen you around before?"

His eyebrows knit together and he looks away--back to the children and parents playing their childish games. "My life," he starts, and then takes a breath and looks back at me. "Is hard."

I frown, because I know what he means. "I know where you're coming from," I mumble.

He shakes his head and I swear I could of heard him say, "No you don't." But I'm probably just dreaming, so I disregard it.

"Well, Amberlin, I must be going. But I do have something for you." He smiles and then reaches into his pocket to pull something out.

Something for me? How flattering. I feel my face redden as he hands a scrap of paper to me. It's ripped and torn, but I don't care. I take it in my hands and open it.

Meet me at this address, tonight, at seven o'clock.

And under it has the address that the letter was talking about.

I smile and look up to tell him that I accept, but him and his presence are already gone.

There is something about this guy--Colton. He is...different. But a good different or a bad different, I'm not quite sure yet. His touch burned me, but maybe that's just because--heck, what am I thinking? Of course it was him. And why would he just randomly come over and decide to talk to me, I had had never even seen him before?

I don't know if I should be scared or flattered.

He could be my stalker...? But why would someone want to stalk me? My life isn't that special. Actually it was crappy. I don't understand why someone would want to go through that pain with me. It just doesn't make any sense.

I continue to sit on the swing, staring at the perfect handwriting filling the white scrap of paper. Whenever my eyes glance away, though, they are magically drawn back to it. It is sort of taunting me.

But then a new question forms in my head. Should I go to this place? I mean, I could be seriously injured. What if he's luring me into some sort of trap that I won't be able to get out of? My life could be injured.