Foreword by Nina Dobrev

Today 7,000 people in the world will become infected with HIV/AIDS the majority of them are under the age of 30. Yet, it's rare that I hear our generation/my friends talking about what it means, how to protect ourselves, and more importantly to help those who are living with it every day.

One of my role models, on and off the screen, is Elizabeth Taylor. Three Oscars, including the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, and an IMDB full of classic movies--Giant, National Velvet, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf, Cleopatra --just to name a few of this screen legend's work. But what I admire most about Elizabeth Taylor is that when society, governments, and leaders were not talking about AIDS (when it was first discovered in the 1980's) she stepped up, spoke up, and rolled up her sleeves. Elizabeth Taylor not only made the world pay attention to this issue, she did something about it!

Elizabeth Taylor's grandson, Quinn Tivey, decided to investigate his grandmother's philanthropic legacy. Quinn is a 27 year-old photographer living in Brooklyn, and like me, he thinks that not enough of his peers are paying attention to HIV/AIDS. Quinn traveled the country to meet people living with HIV/AIDS who were ultimately helped through grants given by The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation to grassroots organizations.

Quinn took the cover photo for this story of Paul at the food pantry for HIV-positive people where he volunteers in Dallas, Texas. Paul does more than hand out nutritious food, he provides unconditional support. He has given true meaning to his life by helping people, dispelling myths and teaching the facts about HIV/AIDS.